His Pure White Light
by Jacki McGuyer

In my prayers, I often thank you Lord for the many gifts and blessings You have bestowed on my family and me, but often I am just repeating what I have thanked You for so many times before. I am always grateful for my husband, my children, my grandchildren, our health, our home, our church and the blessed sisters and brothers who support us there.

Today I have to ask, why have you blessed me so?

For whatever reason, last night as I lay in my comfortable warm bed with my sweet husband sleeping beside me, I began to see a bigger picture. Larger pieces of my life began to move through my mind.

Suddenly I could smell the sweet pine forest of the Redwoods in California, where I lived as a child. I could feel the cool moisture in the air on my skin. High above, the great trees reached for the sun as I stood on a soft pallet of pine needles, and sunlight pushed through holes in the overhead canopy bathing selected areas in rays of pure white light, while the rest of the forest remained in unruffled shadows. I picture the Rapture much like that, You gathering Your church with rays of pure white light.

Oh Lord, how does a sinner like me thank You for such as this?

Next, my spirit moved to the Colorado Rocky Mountains where You placed us for ten wonderful years. Evergreens, black against red cliffs jutting from cracks and crevices on ridges where snow clings like whipped cream atop spicy fragrant gingerbread. Either end of the canyon, which was Vail, craggy snow-covered mountain ranges chisel a place high into the never-ending, cobalt blue sky. Woods slash through the open valleys, narrow here, and then widening as they wander west along the Eagle River.

I believe You did some of Your best work on those craggy, pine and aspen covered mountains. In the summertime, Columbines cover the fields and valleys in so many different color combinations I cant remember them all. The aroma when we stepped from our house in the mornings, the pine scented clean air, fairly took our breath away.

Jesus, when there are so many who have so little, why do I have so much?

Next, I found myself in Hawaii, where our oldest daughter bestowed upon me, two glorious weeks with her. She rented a house on Puako Bay, where we talked together while sitting in a hammock between two coconut palms, watching the sun set over the Pacific Ocean, blazing pinks, purples, and blues I have never seen before or since. We got to know each other as two adults, while we took hikes in the Rain Forest where the aroma of Ginger and Bromeliads assaulted our senses, while on either side of our path Impatience grew thick on the forest floor. Philodendron leaves as beg as bed sheets grew up the huge knarley trees, clear to the top, and water fell over cliffs hundreds of feet high to the ocean below.

How could I be blessed with such a woman for my child?

As I sit in my small office today, I can hear doves calling to each other and birds I would have no way of identifying singing so sweetly in the tree beside my patio that it nearly breaks my heart.

It occurs to me these are only a small portion of many things You have supplied for us in this, our temporary home, a planet that we will occupy for only a wisp of time.

Imagine what Heaven is like!

Above all, I am truly grateful for the Salvation You have provided through Your blood, shed so that even I will be able to experience Heaven for eternity. And for Your resurrection, the assurance that when the time comes, You will swoop me up in Your pure white light.

Oh God, why have you blessed this sinner so, why me?

GODS ANSWWER TO MY QUESTIONS:

Romans 9:14-18 NIVWhat then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! For he says to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion. It does not, therefore, depend on mans desire or effort, but on Gods mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.

I Corinthians 13:12 KJVFor now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Paraphrase:
We are all created by His mercy (LOVE), for HIS great purpose, and according to HIS plan. When the end comes, and prophecy is complete, we will all step through the glass and see clearly. The saved AND the unsaved.

We thank Him by the life we live.

With every book she writes, it is Jacqueline's ambition to grow and be faithful to her readers. She aspires to give them an entertaining story to dazzle and provide honest and thoughtful information to keep them coming back for more. Above all, she is a Christian and her faith guides her pen.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print