Searching for Blessings When You Can't Find the Keys
by Yukio Phillips

Where in the world did I put my keys?


How frustrated do you feel when you are on your way out the door and you cant find your keys?

You spend the next 21 minutes looking under papers and crawling on the floor. Feeling upset and now late, you take a deep breathe look down and there they are, your keys.

They were right in front of you, but were being blocked from your view because of distractions around you.

The keys never moved.

They were hidden.

Just like your keys, your blessings are right in front of you, but something is blocking them.

Several months ago I prayed and asked God for a job I would love. I applied for a great job with everything I wanted.

I prayed and waited for a sign.

No response. I was afraid that I was being too picky in my job selection.

How am I going to pay my bills? I started getting nervous and pacing the floor wondering if anyone would hire me.

Then it happened. Something told me to turn down the TV so I could calm down and pray.

As soon as I turned off my TV, I heard the phone ring. It was the recruiter for the job I wanted. She called me two other times and I didnt hear it because my TV was too loud.

I was blaming God for not hearing my prayers, but I was the one drowning out God.

The blessings were right in front of me.

Do you wonder if this is what happens when God tries to answer our prayers?

We look for answers and claim that he does not hear us.

Maybe you have tuned him out by creating distractions to take your mind off of whatever problems you are facing.

The distractions help to numb your feelings against the pain. The same distractions used to numb the pain, also numb you from God.

What blessings are right in front of you but distractions keep you from seeing them?

Decide today to remove the distractions that may be keeping you from seeing answers to your prayer.

Watch God open your eyes to strength and guidance and equip you to confront life with power.

Boldly take a step towards God. He will Never let you down.

Yukio Strachan Phillips is an author and Registered Pharmacist with a Doctorate in Pharmacy. As creator of www.boldandworthy.com, her passion is to empower women to identify and shatter false beliefs that keep them in abusive relationships. Focus Area on Spousal Abuse awareness in the Church.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print