The Truth About Love
by Jounda LaMance

The Truth About Love

John 13:34-35 (AMP)
I give you a new commandment: that you should love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too should love one another.
By this shall all [men] know that you are My disciples, if you love one another [if you keep on showing love among yourselves].

Are you a disciple of Christ? If so, can people tell this without you having to wear a t-shirt or by a bumper sticker? Do you have to tell people you are a member of such-and-such church in order for them to know you are a Christian?

The true test is not the church or the t-shirt but rather the love that you have for one another.

The proof is in the love not the bumper sticker!

The world watches us dawn the t-shirts, apply the stickers and build bigger buildings and mocks us when we fight amongst ourselves. They laugh when the saints cant get along and throw our slogans back at our feet.

The truth about love is this: if we are a disciple of Christ, we will love one another! Jesus said it not me!

We must be careful attaching the Christian title to our lives if we are not walking in the love of Christ! To fight amongst ourselves and then call ourselves disciples is a mockery to the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Everyone will know who we follow by the love we have for one another! The world will not have to be told we are Christians if we walk in the love of Christ!

Jesus, You gave us the perfect example of love pure unadulterated love! We have failed so often to be true disciples! We have fought amongst ourselves, and lied and gossiped about our brothers and sisters we have shown the world that we are really no different than they are. Forgive us Lord for not walking out your example of love and help us Lord to look at our brothers and sisters that sit amongst every Sunday through Your eyes! Help us Lord to love one another so that we can go forth and reach the lost! Help us Lord to love one another so that the world can tell we are your disciples by our actions rather than our t-shirts!

Thank you again Jesus for Your perfect love!

In Your Mighty Name we pray, AMEN

Jounda LaMance September 21, 2006

My inspiration for writing is fueled by the incredible love I experience from our Lord.  II Corinthians 1:4 (The Message) He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print