Disconnected Cord
by Patricia Charlton

"But you shall receive power when the Holy Ghost has come upon you."
Acts 1:8 NKJV

A mighty wind ripped through our neighborhood the other night. My windows rattled with the sound of crashing trees. The sixty-mile an hour wind snapped more than trees. Only the most powerful could resist the constant bending and twisting motion. Unfortunately, power lines often snap with the weight of century old trees.

With the morning light shining in my bedroom window, I stumbled out of bed. That fleeting thought of a warm cup of tea drove my weak legs. Step by step the blurry vision of downward steps forced my feeble legs onward.

With the kitchen counter in view, I grabbed the electrical cord for the kettle. Now, where was that recepticle? After rubbing my eyes several times, I finally saw the problem recepticle. I forced the plug into the outlet and waited. Nothing happened. Where was my power? I snatched the plug out of outlet and tried again. Again, nothing happened. I stumble down the basement stairs to the fuse box. Maybe I've blown a fuse. My problem wasn't a blown fuse but a disconnected power line.

The weak power line was no match for nature's mighty wind. Neither was my weak spiritual life no match for Satan's fiery darts. Instead of constantly fumbling in the spiritual darkness, I needed a strong power source. Jesus stated that my power source was the Holy Ghost. My reliance upon natural sources snapped everytime the mighty wind of Satan's tactics ripped through my soul.

Copyright 2008 Patricia Charlton



Devotional writer for EzraWeb and a contributing columnist for Crossmap, Patricia shares her experiences with the power of God to make anyone more than a conqueror. Her passion is Jesus and her venue is writing. Contact Patricia: [email protected]
www.devotionsfortoday.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print