In a Starbucks Economy just give it to me black!
by Tina Leonard

One of the funniest things I have heard over the last couple of days is that our country is going into a recession and people are complaining about the gas prices going up. Wow, that is really the only thing I can say anymore. I think the biggest problem our economy has is an entire generation who doesn't know how to manage anything, from their money to their sexual habits as well as a church who doesn't know how to truly live for God.


People wonder why they are foreclosing on houses and running out of money after they go to the grocery store. Do you think it might be because they stop by the Starbucks counter at the grocery and spend four dollars on a cup of coffee before they spend a hundred dollars at the store, only to check out with a cart full of groceries and go down the road to Wendy's or McDonalds before heading home to watch something on cable while the kids play on the internet. Wow, that sounds like the typical life of many people today. The sad thing about this is people are JUST NOW starting to realize that something has gone wrong somewhere and they want to blame it on President Bush. This stuff has been going on since Adam and Eve were here. It's crazy. No one wants to take the blame for anything! They always want to play the point and blame game and I am just sick of it. Why can't everyone just pull up thier boot straps and stand in the mud that they walked in blindly. Once we realize it took ALL OF OUR nation to get to where it is today that's when we can begin to make a change. By the way, spending more money is NOT GOING TO HELP! That is what got us to this point in the first place.


One of the problems I have is that if people weren't so "material" minded we would have never ended up where we are today. From Hummers to Big Screen HDTV's we have gone from enjoying the simple pleasures of life to filling it up with all this STUFF that costs crazy amounts of money. If people didn't feel like they had to have bigger and better all the time our country would not be in the shape that it is in. Our economy way of life is the "more the better". So the manufacturers' mindset became the same way. The more money they make the better it is for them so why not move? Unfortunately that has left a lot of Americans with foreclosed homes and repossessed hummers and BMW's.


What is this next generation in for? What is the presidential nomination going to bring into our Nation? Or I should say what is our Nation going to bring into this presidency? We have to stop and think about what it is that we need instead of what it is that we want. The same logic goes with our everyday living. We don't need someone that is going to "allow" everything that we want to happen to happen.or we will end up foreclosing on our Nation. We don't want someone that is going to add espresso to every cup. We don't want someone that is going to make everything high definition. We need someone that knows how to tune in a television with bunny ears. We need someone that knows how to turn on a coffee pot and make a good cup of java. We need someone that is going to look at that McDonalds sign on the way home from the grocery store and decide to keep on going. You see Ronald is a good speaker and the kids all love him, but he is killing people with heart disease and diabetes. He puts on his little mask and costume and does exactly what they tell him to do and he has sold millions on a bunch of junk. I pray that America doesn't grab a hold of the same political hamburger.


What we need is someone that will hold America accountable for her actions. Someone that sets morally upstanding laws, someone that is looking out for our best interest regardless of what we want or don't want. There was an article in the paper the other day stating that one in four girls under the age of 20 are infected with a sexually transmitted disease. For me to read that makes me wonder what the statistics are for young men. It has been proven in scientific studies that young men are twice or more times more sexually active than young women so we can only horrifically assume the statistics to be the same in comparison of the other. Why do you think these kinds of things have become so prevalent in our Nation? Do you think it had anything to do with prayer being taken out of the school? Or the fact that high schools are allowed to pass out condoms? Or maybe it's that the biggest role models these kids had are the likes of sinners who end up abandoning two kids and shaving their head to be admitted into a psyche ward? Either way, it all boils down to one thing~ America is losing its standards. Economically, Spiritually, Morally and basically we are in a recession but first and foremost it started with a spiritual recession. Then it moved into a moral recession now it's moving into an economic downturn, because without the previous two one begins to fall. The only hope we have is to fall flat on our face before the Almighty God and ask for mercy for our Nation.


When you live in a Nation where a million babies are killed each year at the cost of a Starbucks coffee each, somewhere a long the line something got jacked up. It would cost ten HDTV's to adopt a child that needs a home, but who has that kind of money to pay out when we it costs a fourth of our paychecks to fill up our gas tanks each week? What is so scary about this is that since people can't afford the basics, they are going to be at home with their boyfriends and girlfriends or husbands and spouses and creating more children bringing them into the chaos where the only hope for any of us is in Christ and knowing that the things of this world are temporal but our life in Him is Eternal!



I don't want a mocha latte kind of President, I don't want a flavored frappachino serving the country. I don't want a blond smoothie, nor do I want a spicy espresso with extra whip in the white house. Matter of fact I don't even want what I want. I want God to pour out a cup of straight black coffee, one that doesn't need sweet n low added or cream to make it taste better. Unfortunately for us all to get back to drinking what it was created to be in the first place, all the extra ingredients would have to be destroyed because we are a bunch of spoiled, mismanaged, misdirected and misdiagnosed Americans.

My name is Tina Leonard.  I have been writing my entire life, but it wasn't until I accepted Christ in 1998 that I began to write for the edification of the body and to bring the rightful Glory to His Kingdom.  Feel free to visit my website at www.myspace.com/christisking2.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print