The Story Re-written
by Kathleen Angell

The Story Re-written


I had watched a couple of T.V. shows lately, and both of them had been changed before my very eyes and heart to see a different ending.

I knew it was the Lord Jesus showing the different endings as it was his love showing it. I could see how different life is with him. How different it is when he writes the story of our life.

On our own, we can choose a wrong ending. We can choose what is not the best for us, through influences, and not what God would have chosen for us.

He wants what is perfect for us, full of love and goodness, but we can choose something else thinking it is the best way for us to go.

For instance, divorce. We can think we are in love, leaving behind a good partner for the deceptiveness of what would seem good. Choices, and we have often chosen the wrong things. Yet, even in that case, the Lord is seeking us to heal us.

We have all chosen the wrong things. Choosing him and what he has for us is choosing the right thing. He is love. And he loves us dearly. He cares about us.

He is the story of our life, re-written. It can be and he wants it to be, written by Him. He only has for us that which is good.

We can walk a whole new life in him. With one predictable end. That Jesus Christ came to save us. To seek and save the lost, and give to us a whole new life, with healing of our wounds, a whole new meaning of life and that he loves us.

The second story I saw was the same. The Lord was showing me the end of it, in Him, and it was so beautiful. He took a simple story and showed me what the end would be in him.

In the world it might end with people walking away, unpredictable, unloving, not able to count on them. The way the Lord showed it to me was about Love, who Jesus is.

And I knew he is who our story is about, He is Love. He wont leave us or forsake us, but he will be with us forever. He rewrites the old in our life and heals us. He is predictable in love.

The world and the people in it are often unpredictable, often cruel, and they can and often do, leave us. But he is different, He is Love.

He is our Comfort, our Healer, the One who loves us, and when we hurt, he cares about us. He doesnt take off and desert us. Ever. He is a cry away from a sincere heart. He doesnt do the things that others will do. He is Love, and love never fails.

If we come and follow him, we will find a predictable end that will not be like the worlds endings of stories. And even if everything in our life seems so messed up we dont know what to do, Jesus will know what to do. And he can and will re-write it.

We all have lived our lives and those stories with the wrong choices and endings, but Jesus came to give us a new one. It is never too late to start having the new one re-written in our lives by him now.

He is well able to heal us and change our lives into something brand new. It will be the story with the One who loves us. And as we follow him, he will write it, and re-write the old, in our lives, in His great beauty and healing. We will reflect the One who loves us.

I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, says the Lord. I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick. Ezekiel 34/15-16

My name is Kathleen Angell.  
My life was dramatically changed when the Lord made Himself real to me.  
We have an outreach to folks experiencing shelter and street life.  It is a great joy to us.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print