One Bad Morning, One Sweet Child
by Cori Mann

Marianna, running behind schedule this morning had just finished getting dressed and ready for work. Recently, a single mom she had to get her daughter ready as well. Ellie was her light in the shadow of her marriage break up.

Deciding she best go get Ellie ready, Marianna went into her daughter's bedroom to see if she was awake. Sure enough the little one was sitting up in bed, her cute blond curly hair matted from sleeping, her angelic big blue eyes open wide and seemingly alert.

"Good morning sweet cheeks, mommy is in a hurry this morning. I need you to get dressed right away, okay?" Marianna said gently and firmly at the same time.

"Mommy, do I hafta go to Sherrie's this morning?" Ellie asked still groggy with her cute reddish pink lips pouting a little, as she asked the question.

"Yes, honey you do, now let's get dressed and we will go downstairs to have some breakfast." Marianna said as she helped her daughter put on the clothes that were carefully laid out the night before.
A few minutes later with Ellie now ready they both walked downstairs and into the kitchen hand in hand.

Moving as swiftly as possible, Marianna prepared their breakfast. Managing quickly to brew coffee and pour a cup of orange juice for Ellie. Once the breakfast was made, she placed both breakfasts on two separate plates and brought Ellie's over to the table first. Placing it in front of her daughter with a glass of orange juice to go with it. Not a second later, her mouth was already full of scrambled eggs.

" I love scrambled 'eggies' mommy!" Ellie exclaimed with a spoonful of eggs in her mouth as she talked.

"Don't talk with your mouth full Ellie, it is not polite." Scolded Marianna as she placed her own breakfast and cup of coffee in front of where she was going to sit directly across from Ellie.
By the time she sat down her daughter had stopped talking, and was now concentrating nicely on eating her breakfast.
Marianna was enjoying her coffee and a few moments of silence. Her mind was still full of the pressurized schedule ahead.

As she and her daughter ate their breakfast, Marianna couldn't help thinking how blessed she was to have a secretary job at the Church. Never in the four years of attendance at her home church, did she think about working there. Pastor Paul was kind enough to offer her the job, after Mark left Marianna for another woman. Despite all she had been through in the past several months, God had been good to her.

"Oh, no!" cried Ellie as the orange juice cup she bumped capsized and spilled all over the table, sending the contents of orange juice to overflow, onto the kitchen floor.

"It's okay, Ellie accidents happen. At least the juice did not get all over you. I will clean it up and then we can go. Mommy is in a really big hurry now." Marianna said to her daughter, as she took a step toward the sink to get a mop and cloth.

Just then, the floor seemed to move beneath her feet, in a flash of a second Marianna was on the floor, sprawled out in a small puddle of orange juice! She just sat there for a moment taking in what happened. One high heel shoe had flown off of her left foot; her skirt was not only hiked up and twisted around her body, it was also wet on her backside! At first, she almost burst out laughing at her quandary.

Then, realizing she had to get dressed all over again, without sufficient time left to do so, Marianna burst out crying. The events of the morning had overwhelmed her, now she was consumed with emotion. All she could do was cry and think about having to call into work late.

"Mommy, don't cry. Ellie is sorry she spilled it. I'm sorry the juice spilled you too! Don't worry mommy, I will ask Jesus to clean you up." Ellie said as she sat on the floor beside her mom.

Marianna looked at her daughter and pulled the little angel close, bringing Ellie into a gentle loving embrace.
"Thanks to you Ellie, I think he just did clean me up!" she chuckled.


"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Bible verse taken from Matthew 6:27 NIV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corinne's walk through the valley of fear and anxiety has inspired Corinne to write. It is her desire to bring hope and encouragement through her writings to other women. 

  Corinne Mann. All Rights Reserved

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print