How very much we need the Lord Jesus
by Kathleen Angell

When talking to my husband on the phone today, I could so clearly see the change that has occurred in my life from my Lord Jesus.

I was relating to my husband an incident with our grandson.

He had taken his little finger and ran it across the plasma screen of my kid's, -his folks, right across their T.V.

I had said gently yet firmly, no. Again, there went the little finger. This was an issue I wanted to make clear to him as he would poke and run his little finger at it often as he went by.

So this was showdown time to let him know it was something we don't do.

After the third no, I took his little hand and swatted it, though not hard, and that was it for now.

He wasn't moved by the incident, and I'm not inclined to swatting. But the little swat left a impression of no.

But as I related it to my husband, I said, -it wasn't a hard swat, I don't think he really noticed it too much.

I have the Lord in me to balance me, now.

I haven't in the past always been that way. And as I shared, I could see that clear as day.

As I shared that with my husband, I became so aware of the Presence of Jesus, His love in and with me. And His love that goes out to balance my life with others, and my children and now my grandchildren.

He is my balance. He teaches me to do right. He teaches me to love in such a different way than how I was in my life before knowing him, when I raised our three children.

Or my life before in relation to anyone.

He is the Love that changes things.

I was way too firm with my first child and probably all my kids, years ago.

And not in the right areas that needed firmness.

So many areas, and so lacking.

Not really able to love, other than an earthly love in which I tried to do everything a mother should and fell more than short always.

Too firm, not enough love, hardly even there, really-mentally, never stable, nor understanding.

Trying to be a loving mother, but not knowing how or having the capability of doing so.

It is so very different for me, now. As He comes to give me what I need to walk.

With the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I'm leaning on someone so much bigger than me, now.

With my grandson, or children, or people I am with, I feel Jesus Christ, the Presence of the Holy Spirit with me, balancing my life with others.

I sense and feel His love so much that it is Him there, which He is, helping me to learn to love as He loves, because it is Him there loving, caring, His care, and I just have to follow Him as He gives me the ability to love them.

To walk in His light, to walk the way I should go and do what I should do as He shows how.

He helps me continually. He said He would never leave us or forsake us. He gives to me His balancing love.

Sometimes I get discouraged in life. Actually, I am weak in this area especially.

But He is always there,strengthening me and giving the grace to get back up.

The other day I felt the Lord quicken me in love that my grandchild needed to be loved on.

I'd been off to myself way too much, doing things.

He'd been a little naughty, and sure enough, when I spent time with him in the love of our Lord Jesus, he just became calmer and so happy! Even his momma commented on what a good day he must have had.

Like a little plant, he grows so much better in the Light of Jesus' Love!

The Lord's love shone out over our lives and it makes it so easy for me to settle down and lean on the Lord's love, to show others, because He is so here with us.

Our little one feels the real love of Jesus Christ loving him. There is no better love than that. His own Heavenly Father giving him the love he needs.

I have nothing. I am dependent. Without Him, I am truly the most wretched woman. Completely and totally incapable.

Jesus fills me with His love to give out to others, to share His love with others.

I just have to learn how to walk and yield and give. His love, given to others.

Sometimes I fail. But I can get back up and try again. I'm learning.

Knowing Him, is a different day.

It is a Day full of the overshadowing Presence of the Lord Who is so loving that I cannot imagine this, the grace that abounds, that He gives to us.

Healing. He overshadows my life with healing. He overshadows other lives with healing.

Like a Tree that the shade is extended, His Love and Presence reaches further than us, but out to those around us. Over-shadowing over our lives, going out to our families, and to all we come in contact with, and even beyond where we actually even know.

If I will but be attentive to follow and allow the Lord to love them out of me.

It is not hard, He bears the burden, my burden is light. It is just to share what He gives.

He so longs to share His love. There is nothing better that to know His love. It is knowing Him.

I share this story to say, there is nothing special about me. Nothing at all.

If anything, of all the people I know, I am the lesser of people.

Not special.

No one has something that the other cannot have in this walk with Jesus, as He gives to us all something from Him.

His love is free to all.

One does not have and the other not able to have. He loves all, in unconditional love.

We just have to come to Him to know Him.

He loves all so much. There is no partiality. We all have been given something from Jesus, Who is Special, to share with others.

We just don't know how great the Love is that is in Jesus Christ, our Lord. We just don't realize, nor can we, how much the Father has loved us, to give to us His Love in His Son, Jesus.

We just don't know how great our salvation is.

We just don't truly know that in accepting our Lord Jesus as our Savior that we have a very real Lord and Savior Who meant everything He said and He is with us and cares for us so, and gives to us a brand new life.

But I write this to share with you that it will be the same for you as for me, in that, He has given to us all upon receiving Him, a brand new life.

It will come into view as we walk with Him. We are truly born again.

No longer I that lives, but Christ that lives in me.

It is not the life I once had and that is so clear to me.

So far from the ways of the old life, is the new.

Truly buried in baptism, now risen in Christ.

And it is an abundant life for which I want to do right and walk right, and walk in the Light of my God and Savior.

It means a great deal to me, to be all that I can be, for He has given so much to us.

My life is fulfilled in Him. And other lives are affected.

They share in Jesus' Love, like a Water that goes out, so is Jesus' life, His Love, and His Love waters all around it.

Water makes things grow as His Love makes things grow. Love strengthens the weak. Love heals the sick. Love cares. Love cares about everybody.

That Love is Jesus Christ. And His presence in us when we have ask Him into our lives and are born again.

He is constantly, always, making His appeal of love to all to come to Him. To know Him. To know His Love. How kind is our God.

That is Jesus Christ. And that is Who He is. That is the heart of our God. He so loved the world that He gave us His Son.

And Jesus said that He came that we might have life and that life, abundantly.

My name is Kathleen Angell.  
My life was dramatically changed when the Lord made Himself real to me.  
We have an outreach to folks experiencing shelter and street life.  It is a great joy to us.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print