Feeling Condemned
by Jessica Gerald

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. (John 3:17)

Sometimes we have a great misconception of God. We see him as a strict and harsh authority glaring down at us, just waiting to catch us up on something. But this scripture assures us that nothing could be further from the truth.

Often we feel overwhelmed by our shortcomings, weaknesses, and mistakes. We don't think we deserve God's love and mercy. Or we think of unsaved loved ones and friends. Subconsciously we try to convince God to draw them to himself. We think of the worldly life they lead, and fear that he will reject them.

But the good news is that the whole reason for Jesus coming to this earth was to save us and our loved ones from our sins. He didn't come to condemn. He loves us more than we can imagine. He won't reject our loved ones. He will welcome them with open arms.

Come to him just as you are. Don't wait to fix things first. Let him do the fixing in his own time and his own way.

As far as unsaved family and friends, pray fervently for them. Jesus is already seeking them. Ask him to give them hungry hearts and a willingness to find him.

Experience the freedom of salvation.

Jessica Gerald has been an elementary school teacher for over thirty years, and is the publisher of the website http://www.oldfashionedhomemaking.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print