Part of the Family
by Nancy Quinn

I have two beautiful golden retriever/collies and they're a part of the family. Princess is the calm dog; and Scooby is our energetic, crazy dog! As springtime finally begins, we've been taking the dogs for walks now. We have to make them short walks since Princess has the beginnings of hip dysplasia so we're careful how much exercise she gets so she doesn't have pain. Recently she was released from the doggy hospital, and we didn't complain about the big vet bill since she's part of our family and we joyfully take care of her and make sure she's safe and happy.

Pets quickly become part of the family and we'd do anything for them. It's the least we can do for our beloved pets who stay so near and faithful to us. And just like my wonderful furry companions, it reminds me of my favorite Bible verses that remind us that when Jesus gives us eternal life, he also states that NO ONE can snatch us away from the Lord's eternal protection. Isn't that reassuring that once we accept Jesus Christ as our savior that he becomes our BFF (as I'm learning about my teen's instant messaging language, our Best Friend Forever)!

Some churches teach that you can lose your salvation, but I am confident that the good work the Lord began in me will carry on until the day Jesus comes back. When I became a Christian, the Lord gave me the Holy Spirit to guide me in my walk. Even though sin still trips me up at times, I come to the throne of grace and ask the Lord's forgiveness. He knows the sincerity of our hearts. I learned long ago that a trick of the devil was that we could keep sinning and just ask forgiveness. But I now know that's wrong; Jesus will forgive me if I am sincerely sorry and try hard to not keep sinning. Our freedom in Christ is not a freedom to keep sinning. We are to be holy as He is holy!

Be assured that God loves you with an everlasting and eternal love. And when you become a Christian, you will never perish and can be assured of eternal salvation in Christ. You are part of the family of God; loved, cherished and protected!

Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

John 10:27-30 "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one."

May God bless these words as I strive to encourage others in their walk with Christ. Please contact me if you would like to request a specific lesson that Lucy Mouse can teach your children or if you would like a coloring page to be sent to match the story!

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print