Lip Service
by

To not hear His voice would leave me empty inside. To not be fulfilling His will in my life would leave me without purpose.

I often think about the day I made Jesus my personal Lord and Saviour. Until that day, I was good for lip service. From that day forth, I begin to life my life according to His word. I begin to separate myself from the world. I was in the world, but not of the world. My desire to live like the world died. 2 Cor. 5:17 Therefore if any person is (ingrafted) in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old (previous moral and spiritual condition) has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come! I can recall my old sayings; I love God! Or, I know about God! My lips moved, but my actions dictated the worlds lawlessness. I lived by and desired what my flesh wanted. I did this daily without thought or much regret. All this changed the day I confessed with my mouth-my salvation. He overwhelmed me with a feeling I cant describe in words. By doing so, I would limit the awesomeness of that feeling if I tried. He became my Jehovah-Jireh-Yahweh will provide, Jehovah-Shalom-Yahweh is peace, my refuge, my comforter, my shepherd, my heavenly husband, and my counselor. He became my every thing! He began a process of filling every void within me and healing my brokenness.

So many times I have come across people-carnal Christians giving God lip service only. Ive heard them say; God has been good to me! Or, My pastor preached a good sermon this Sunday! Or, they might recite some bible verses. Carnal are their ways and thinking. These ways return soon as they walk out the church doors. Theyve drawn a wide line. Walking the line without fear! On one side of the line is the world and on the other side is God. They are too afraid to totally dedicate their lives completely to God. They continue to straddle or wobble their way through life. With their arms extended for balance, they tilt from left to right. The day will come when they will fall, but what side? It will vary time after time. Totally unpredictable and full of repercussions!

Sometimes, our most dedicated church going Christians can become carnal in their ways because of compromise. Spiritual discernment is an essential tool. In order to have access to such a powerful gift, your relationship with God must be rooted and grounded. You must allow access-fearing not the answers given.


Authors note
I hear so many people give God lip service only. Yet, they truly do not know Him. Are they hearers and doers of the word? They say theyre blessed and God is good! Yet, theyre only having a good day. Their faces camouflaged with a smile, but do they really know Him? Or, are they just giving Him lip service only?

Excerpt from Out Of The Heart Flows The Issues Of Life (unpublished)
Author of Exhaling Life Changing Poems
bn.com, amazon.com, iuniverse.com
my website www.allthingsrpossible.highpowersites.com

Appearance on WWL Channel 4 w/ Sally Ann Roberts "The Morning Show". 
Various appearances on "The Light of Jesus Show" w/ Betty Howard. 
First book signing at Walgreens' 5300 Tchoupitoulas in May 2003. 
Speaking engagements at local churches. 
Awarded "Single Heart in Christ 2003" by Tulane MBC

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print