God's Messenger
by

Read Daniel 2:16-30

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthen me. -Philippians 4:13 (WEB)



"I don't have the training." I've never done that." You may have heard objections like these when someone was asked to do something new. Perhaps you have made similar statements yourself.

Daniel was only in his second year of training in Babylon when a crisis developed. He certainly could have said, "I don't have what it takes. I'm still in training."

However, Daniel's response was to pray that God would show mercy and reveal the king's dream to Daniel. God did. Daniel told the king what he had dreamt and what the dream meant. Verse 28 points out a key fact: "there is a God in heaven who reveals secrets." It made no difference how much or how little training or experience Daniel had. What mattered was that God had mercifully given the information to Daniel. Daniel was simply the messenger God used to deliver his words to the king.

We, too, can be God's messengers. How? We can follow Daniel's example: remain faithful and pray. Then, we step out in faith, relying on Jesus Christ to strengthen us.

O Lord, help us, to be faithful like Daniel. Please guide us, and help us to follow your guidance. Use us, God, to bring your message to whomever you choose. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

Copyright 2007, Star Ferdinand. All Rights Reserved.

Star Ferdinand is the author of The Prayerful Bible Study Series of study guides, numerous devotionals, and other Christian writings. You can read more of her writings at starferdinand.wordpress.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print