Lucy Mouse Discovers a Fruit of the Spirit, Gentleness: A Children's Story
by Nancy Quinn

Lucy Mouse sat quietly in class one morning and finished her spelling work. She looked over at a new student who just started school last week. Missy Mouse looked a little lonely and sad, so Lucy waved to her and smiled. Missy smiled back, and Lucy decided to ask her if she'd like to join her friends at recess that afternoon.

Missy was happy when Lucy and her friends asked her to join them in a game of tag at recess. Moose Mouse asked if he could play too. Moose's paw was in a cast because he had fallen down a few days ago, but he still wanted to be included. Lucy was careful as she tagged Moose because she didn't want him to fall down and hurt his arm again. The bell rang and the friends raced to get in line. "Thanks for asking me to play tag, Lucy. I was really scared when we moved here that I wouldn't make any friends." said Missy Mouse. Lucy smiled as she held the door open for all her friends, and said "I was new last year too, so I know what it's like to be afraid of coming to a new school."

Lucy Mouse walked through the park on her way home after school to the little white church where she lived in the basement behind the Christmas ornament box with her family. She noticed Albert the class bully sitting by himself on a park bench. He yelled mean words at Lucy as she was walking by. Lucy stopped and told Albert that she didn't like being called mean words. But if he ever decided to be nice, Lucy said he could play tag with her and her friends the next day at recess. Albert grumbled under his breath, but as Lucy said "see ya", she felt that just maybe she had made a step toward helping Albert be nicer to people. Lucy Mouse was glad God helped her not to say something mean back to Albert. Instead she spoke quietly and politely!

Lucy Mouse scampered down the basement steps of the church and told her mom about her day at school as she nibbled a piece of cheese. She put the dishes in the tiny sink and swept the floor as her mom made the dinner. "Well, thank you!" exclaimed Lucy's Mom. "What a help you were in the kitchen!" Lucy's whiskers twitched as she grinned. She knew God was happy; she had done her best that day!

Can you find the ways in the story that Lucy Mouse used the fruit of the spirit called Gentleness? Lucy is polite, and has a gentle attitude toward others and tries to always be nice and kind to others. Can you think of ways that you can use this Fruit of the Spirit this week?

When you become a Christian, God will help you develop ALL the fruits of the Spirit and He gives you the Holy Spirit to help you do your best each day. If you don't know Jesus as your best friend yet, you can just pray the prayer below that Lucy Mouse did, and Jesus will come into your heart and be your best friend too. Jesus loves you so much that He died on the cross just for YOU!

Dear God, I know I am a sinner. Please forgive me. I believe that Jesus died for me on the cross and that He arose from the grave so that I can live with Him in Heaven someday. I am now trusting Jesus as my Savior. Thank you for loving me and saving me. Amen.

Galations 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such there is no law.

May God bless these words as I strive to encourage others in their walk with Christ. Please contact me if you would like to request a specific lesson that Lucy Mouse can teach your children or if you would like a coloring page to be sent to match the story!

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print