Angel in disguise
by

Just as she was preparing lunch for her son, the phone rang. She was glad to have caller I.D. until this moment. The numbers read in bigger script than normal, the company of where her husband works. "Oh no," she whispered, careful not to alarm her twelve year old son. Why are they calling me NOW? His work would not be calling unless there was something wrong. Terror rushed through her body as she tried desperately to control herself before answering.

The strange yet calm voice began, "is this the home of Billy Harkonen?" Yes. "Billy has been hurt, it's." Her mind went blank, "he's coming in by helicopter," the voice continued "do you have little kids you need to take care of, do you have a ride to the hospital or should I come and get you?" Her mind was numb. Was she hearing correctly? She answered quietly "no, um, I can get to the hospital. I can drive, I'm ok, I can get there." And then the conversation ended.

Oh Lord, now what? I need to call someone. Who can I call? Who should I call? Fear was creeping in. They had just started going to the Baptist Church where the Pastor gave them such a welcoming feeling. I'll call him she thought and have Bill put on the prayer chain right away. She slipped in to her room with the cordless phone so her son wouldn't hear the conversation and began dialing. Three very long rings went by; finally Pastor picked up and spoke to her in his typical quiet, calm, disposition. The reassurance of his voice gave her the confidence she needed to get through this ordeal. With a more casual tone than she expected, she began to explain what she heard on the phone "He's being flown in by helicopter right now to the hospital. Can you pray for him please?" "Yes, of course," Pastor said. I'll make some phone calls and we'll put him on the prayer chain. I'll meet you there." He'll meet me there?

She tenderly let her son know, careful not to portray her fear that today was his lucky day; he would be going back to school early. He immediately asked why because this was a very unusual offer. With ease, she explained that dad was at the hospital "He'll be ok. You know dad, he's Mr. Safety. Have a great afternoon and I'll see you after school. Love you." Her son ran off without a worry.

Still numb and without emotion, somehow she drove to the hospital. The first face she saw as she raced through the doors was what she thought was the face of an angel. Pastor greeted her, and immediately began to describe what he knew of Bill's diagnosis. At this moment, in his presence, hearing his voice, she felt completely calm and knew without a doubt that angels were real. He began explaining what he knew with such a calm demeanor, "only a broken leg, his head un-touched" this was all she needed to hear him say. She felt relaxed after taking a deep breath and was reassured that everything was going to be just fine. He was there for her, for them. Pastor led her in to see her husband and as she looked in to his familiar eyes, they both began to cry. They knew that today a miracle had taken place. In this line of work, to be hit by a tree and come out with only a broken leg as a result, is not something that occurs without the protection of an angel. Bill's hard hat was in perfect condition and there was neither blood nor pain anywhere else on his body.

Pastor stayed for the majority of the day praying, offering wisdom, and helping her to focus during this uncertain time. The doctors' needed to figure out exactly what was wrong and find the appropriate solution. She knew that without him, without his support, she would have been a thousand times more afraid and worried than she really was.

In the following days, Pastor Dave continued to show up at their exact times of need and for thisthey believe in angels.



Angel spiritual being believed to be an attendant or messenger of God; person who is kind, pure, or beautiful (Collins Gem English Dictionary)

Keep on loving each other as brothers and sisters. Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it. (Hebrews 13:1)

I love the Lord and want Him to use me any way He needs too for His Kingdom.  I am a wife and mom.  I enjoy writing and have just recently started to share.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print