Are You Distracted?
by Annagail Lynes

One morning last week, I heard a noise as I was in the car headed on my morning routine to the post office, then to get breakfast. I instantly knew what it was. A flat tire...and I was right.

But it was more than a flat tire...it was a distraction sent to us by the devil. If he can get us to focus on what else might go wrong in our day.

His main focus is to get us to focus on the cares of this world more than we do what God has called us to do.

John 10:10 tells us that the thief, which is satan, comes to steal, kill and destroy.

The last thing he wants you doing is fulfilling your destiny because every person who fulfills his/her destiny is another nail in satan's coffin. One more assignment checked off of God's to-do list before He sends satan into eternal damnation.

satan sends distractions our way, obstacles in our path, to try and prevent us from moving forward with our destiny. Bills pile up. The kids get sick. Your husband loses his job. You have an opportunity to move into a house from an apartment. A project at school or work.

Your body will go in the direction of whatever you are focusing on. Just like when a racing car driver is learning to drive. He is told that if he is headed for the wall, he needs to focus on wherever he wants to go. The car will go in the direction of his focus. Now if that works for cars, how much will it work in our lives?

For example, I chipped my front tooth. I still don't know how, but I did. And my mind was focused on how I looked. Not that I am raving beauty, but that is the first place my mind went. I don't show my teeth as it is when I smile, However, I convinced myself that whole world could see my chipped tooth, and that everyone was judging me because of it.

For most of that morning, my mind focused on how ugly I was. I even cried to God about it, but He is God-wisdom showed me a Scripture in Song of Solomon, a book I don't normally go near. "You are beautiful, my darling, beautiful beyond words," (Song of Solomon 4:1 NLT).

God knew exactly what to say to get my mind focused off the situation and back onto Him and His purpose for my life.

That's what we have to do. We have to change our focus. When satan brings things into our lives to distract us, we need to change our focus onto things that are pure, lovely, truthful and of good report.

We can't allow ourselves to stay focused on the trials and situations that the devil uses to distract us. We have to focus on what God said in His Word.

When sickness comes, start quoting Isaiah 53:4-5, reminding yourself that by Jesus' stripes on the cross, you are already healed.

When financial trouble comes, start quoting Philippians 4:19, holding onto the promise that God shall supply all your needs.

I have this spiral notebook filled with Scriptures for every need that a missionary evangelist put together. My mother bought it years ago when she used to counsel on the phone at our local TBN station.

The missionary evangelist has seen testimony after testimony from people who have applied the Scriptures to their situation and had miraculous results.

She tells you to quote the Scriptures three times, four times a day. Once you say the Scripture to God, thanking Him for the promise. Two, you say it to satan, prefacing it, as Jesus did, with, "It is written..." Three, you say it to yourself by saying, "I believe..."

What I have discovered is if I will do this in this prescribed manner, my focus changes. My mind is no longer on my circumstances or my problems. Instead my mind is where it should be--on God and His wonderful promises.

When trials and distractions come on way, we have to be equipped with the Word. We need to counteract each of satan's attacks, each of our negative thoughts, with the Word of God.

Whenever something negative happens in your life, immediately say, "But God said..." Then figure out what He said. You see, God and His Word are your final authorities. Nothing else matters. No trials. No distractions. Stand on the Word long enough and your circumstances will have to conform to what God says.

Don't let distractions pull you away from your purpose, your destiny, from what God has called you to do. Determine in your heart that you are going to fulfill your assignment on this Earth. And no devil in hell, no person on earth, is going to stop you.

Remember your body will go in the direction of your mind is focusing on. What are you focusing on? God? Or your distractions? The choice is yours.

Annagail Lynes is a pharmacy technician, certified life coach and ordained minister.  She is helping people move forward after trauma by helping them discover their purpose. Follow her blog at 316counseling.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print