Change the Channel!
by Linda Lariscy

How many of us have declared, "I'll never be like my mom," or "I'll never act like my dad," and, lo and behold, wake up one day to find out we have become just like them. Now that can be good or bad, depending on what kind of mom or dad we had! For many of us, it's not so good, and each day there is a struggle not to make the same mistakes our parents made. Why are we like this? The Bible tells us, "As a man thinketh in his heart, so He is." Have you ever examined just how much time you spend thinking about the negative and destructive things that have happened to you? The thoughts on which you dwell become your reality. The reason why you are a nervous wreck is that you are consumed with anxious and self-defeating thoughts. When you are consumed with the past or worried about the future, your life becomes one pitfall after another.

I know this will sound as an over-simplification to many, but there is something you can do: think about something else. Exchange the negative thoughts for thankful thoughts, for lovely thoughts, for good thoughts. Another thing you can do is clean up what your eyes watch. Movies, TV shows, and the internet can introduce images to you that have a way of sticking with you far too long. Such images are almost always destructive. "As a man thinketh in His heart, so He is". So how's your thought life?

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Phil 4:8KJV

Linda Lariscy is the founder of Holding Forth the Word of Life Ministries of Wrens, Georgia, an apostolic/leadership equipping center for the saints.  Please visit her website at www.hfwlministry.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print