Success Can Lead to Failure
by Linda Lariscy

You can learn a lot by looking at the mistakes of others. The Bible never glosses over anything. It shows you the good, bad, and ugly in people. It particularly shows you how people did things... the right way as well as the wrong way.

King Uzziah was an extraordinarily successful king. He was smart and popular. He ruled well. His kingdom was industrious and powerful both commercially and militarily. He was so successful, it went to his head. Where did he go wrong? He thought he could do whatever he wanted even if it went against what God ordained.

"But after Uzziah became powerful, his pride led to his downfall"(2 Chron. 26:16NIV).

Obviously pride marked Uzziah's downfall, but notice that he became prideful only after he became powerful. Be wise. Success can lead to failure. The Father wants you to succeed, but when He blesses you with success, remain in a position of humility. Satan will tempt you to exalt yourself. Pride leads you to break your faith in God.

Before it's too late, swallow your pride. It won't choke you and neither will it make you fat! The best remedy for pride is two bent knees.


"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time" (1 Peter 5:5-6NIV).

Linda Lariscy is the founder of Holding Forth the Word of Life Ministries of Wrens, Georgia, an apostolic/leadership equipping center for the saints.  Please visit her website at www.hfwlministry.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print