True Love
by Mark Heatherly

Because love is more than simply words, no matter the eloquence, may the love I have for you in my heart be more than I dare ever say in words alone. So, may a single act of kindness or an encouraging word be worth more than many flowers or lovely notes.

May my many acts of love be so numerous & so faithful that one might plainly see that they are not individual acts at all but rather a way of life a very part of the nature of my being. That you might become an extension of myself in my preference for you. As our Lord so loved us & gave himself up for us, so may the Lord allow me the privilege with you.

May my love be not as the world's for it is conditional & it comes from self & also remains with self. It is unpredictable, short sighted, fragile & weak. Whereas the love of God thinks not of self at all since it does not originate from self. It's source is from God & therefore cannot be exhausted. Because it is from God it is sure, steadfast & immovable. It cannot be touched by temporary external circumstances, nor time, nor distance or separation.

This precious kind of love I do not & cannot possess or lay hold of myself. Just as a man cannot ascend into heaven to bring Christ down nor descend into the lower earthly realm to bring Christ up, so too can a man not seek out & grasp this love for, by or of himself.

Therefore do I pray the Lord, I humble myself before Him & implore Him of His grace that He might purify this vessel through which His very essence may live & flow. His very essence being love this love being the fountain of life. In this is the mystery of Christ. It is Jesus in me. It is God's love come down from heaven itself ; the manna of life. Not merely life unto itself but rather a life-giving source. It is the love of God that gives life. Love is the source of life. Life is love & love imparts life.

Anything that is not born out of God's love is of no value, it is not life. Knowing this therefore, I deplore & reject any love which may originate from myself & count it as nothing for the surpassing greatness of the love of Christ . Moreover, I lay down all that I may have in myself that I might all the more gain Christthe abundant source of life in His love, to the end that the love of Christ might control me, consume me & permeate my very being. That He might abide in me & I in Him, that God also might indeed be all in all.

Only in this way might I love you as Christ has loved His church. I pray then, that you might allow me this, yes & even encourage & stimulate me towards this devotion to Christ. Then & only then shall you see not the love of me for you but rather the love of Christ that abides in me for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I make my writings available to all, but I would very much like to hear from those who have questions or comments or are built up & enriched & also from those who wish to use my writings for reprint.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print