Never Ceese by Sue Dent
by Debbie Sickler

Never Ceese, is an unusual twist of cursed creatures and faith. Ceese, a naive young lady who has spent the last couple of hundred years as a wolf is paired up with Richard, an uptight vampire who lives in a castle full of the latest modern conveniences. That alone is an unusual storyline; werewolves and vampires typically war with one another in most fiction. Sue Dent doesn't write typical fiction.

Ceese, whose father was a minister, desperately wants to break her curse and be reunited with her family in heaven one day. Penny, a mutual friend who believes the two need to help each other, asks Richard to put aside his distaste for Ceese. He reluctantly accepts the request and their journey begins.

I was a new fan before I'd even finished the prologue. I didn't want to stop reading even after the last word of the epilogue (which has an exciting twist I didnt see coming, so Im glad I read it). Never Ceese is full of characters that you will grow to love. Just like family, they are flawed with their own unique failings, but Sue managed to take creatures that are commonly viewed as blood thirsty, evil beings and made them likable.

Sue's sense of humor shines through with comical misunderstandings created by Ceese's unfamiliarity of the modern world. Her intellect is reflected in scientific explanations of why the moon effects werewolves and how stem cell research, mixed with cursed blood, could grant one immortality.

For those who are hesitant to read a novel about such creatures as werewolves and vampires, your apprehension is understandable. Most books or movies on this topic would be full of grotesque scenes of carnage that would not be suitable for sensitive audiences.

With a few scenes of violence and a handful of swearing, I wouldnt go as far as saying Never Ceese should have a G rating, but the ugliness that does lie within its cover was skillfully crafted with care, not to cross the line. For instance, a rape scene is described tactfully by alluding to the act, avoiding any explicit details.

Never Ceese isn't about horror and titillation. It is a story about two people, suffering a horrible fate, trying to be set free to love God again. Ceese endures great physical pain, going against the ways of her curse, simply to speak the name of her Creator. They will risk everything in search of a way to have that relationship they know they need. If only we could all seek God so intensely.



Sue Dent is currently working on the eagerly awaited sequel, Forever Richard, which promises to be equally full of great characters and exciting plot twists.

(c) 2006 Debbie Sickler

Debbie Sickler, a mother of three boys, began writing as a hobby in 2005. She has since won several awards and been published both on line and in print. She is currently working on a Christian fantasy screenplay.

Contact her at:
[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print