Morning Rains
by Patty Wysong

The other morning I woke up early to a beautiful day, which I was thankful for since I had planned to clean out the shed. As the sun rose, the clouds closed in and just as it got light enough to go out and get an early start, the rain began.

Life often does the same thing to us.

Just as life appears to lighten up so we can actually do something, a storm will blow in and the rain starts, stopping us from what we wanted to do. Is it that what we were going to do is bad? Not necessarily. Is it that God likes to rain on our parade? No. The rain cleanses the air and waters the earth so things can grow, and when the sun comes out again, everything appears brighter--it even smells better. Those are good things and they apply to life's storms, too.

So, when life rains on us, remember that when it passes we'll be refreshed and brighter for it. We can't grow without rain to water us.

Patty Wysong is a Christian wife and homeschool mom of 5 who is passionate about wrapping lessons in pretty packages that will point others to God.

Blog:  http://pattywysong.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print