Freda's Foibles 5-12-08 Honors
by Freda Douglas




Anybody who knows anything about me knows I like to write. Not necessarily for money [and that's a good thing because I don't make much] but mostly for the pleasure it gives me. As I have said and written so often if what I write gives one person get some thing or a good feeling, then I have put a smile on God's face.

Early in 2007, when I first moved to Alabama I didn't know anybody. I felt the need to have a new picture made for my new book "Winds of Change" I pulled out the yellow pages and called some photographers Most of them were out of my financial league but Leldon Creel gave me a fair price. He directed Linda how to find his studio in Holly Pond, and he did a creditable job with what he had to work.

Later on, I needed some information from a school and Holly Pond [I love that name] came to my mind again. I called the Holly Pond school office and they directed me to Ms Karen Rowell. We had to find the way to get in the school for future reference. We made an appointment with Karen and we kept that appointment and that time we met Stephanie Barbee, who writes stories and Terry Autwell, poet. We were thrilled to meet them and they gave me celebrity status.

Karen, Linda [my caregiver and best friend] and I have become friends and she has been to our home in Eva.

But nothing gave me more pleasure than when Karen told me the school had made a Young Writer's Award and named it in my honor. I am 75 years young and never had such an honor bestowed on me for anything by anybody.

On May 9, 2008, we got up at the crack of dawn [literally] so we would not be late for Honors Award Day at Holly Pond High School. When it was my 'place inn the sun' I called the names of Stephanie Barbee, Terry Autwell and Katie Ferrell to the front, after I cautioned the parents who attended to always encourage their sons and daughters in whatever vocation or avocation they chose, even if it wasn't the path they would have chosen for them. I presented each of them with a medallion to be worn with pride around their neck.

I stayed for the whole ceremony and I was tired when I left but it was a good tiredness because I made three young people very happy.
********************************************

Pick up your copy of Winds of Change by Freda Douglas by visiting
www.booklocker.com/books/3303.html

Got your govt "bonus" yet? Invest it on an ongoing residual income.
www.freda.myjetstream.net
********************************************


Freda Douglas is a published author. Her first book "Cherish the Past", still available on Amazon.com, was published in 2004. Her second book "Winds of Change" 
is now available at your local book store   by using this ISBN # 978-1-60145-367-9    

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print