God's Blessings
by

Read Daniel 1:6-15.

Therefore I urge you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service. -Romans 12:1 (WEB)


How often do we make commitments and then fail to keep them? In Daniel 1:8, Daniel makes a commitment to obey God and observe his dietary laws. Daniel asks the chief of the eunuchs, his new boss, not to make him defile himself by eating foods God prohibits.

For a young man pressed into service by a foreign ruler, this is a bold request. God honors Daniel's faithfulness by giving him favor in the eyes of his new boss. As Daniel presents his plan, that favor continues, and they make an agreement. Daniel and his three friends from Judah undergo ten days of testing, after which they are in better physical condition than those who ate the king's delicacies.

As we put God first in our lives and earnestly strive to do his will, he will bless us. Sometimes those blessings will greatly surprise those around us, but they should not be a surprise to us. God created everything. Surely, he can give us whatever he chooses.

Heavenly Father, please give us the strength, courage, knowledge, and wisdom to honor you, serve you, and do your will. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

Copyright 2008, Star Ferdinand.

Star Ferdinand is the author of The Prayerful Bible Study Series of study guides, numerous devotionals, and other Christian writings. You can read more of her writings at starferdinand.wordpress.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print