Zephaniah 1:4, 5
by Don Costello

I will also stretch out mine hand upon Judah, and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from this place, and the name of the Chemarims with the priests;

1. "and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from this place, and the name of the Chemarims with the priests:"

a. cut off (3772 * karath) A primitive root; to cut (off, down or asunder); by implication to destroy or consume: specifically to covenant (i.e. make an alliance or bargain, originally by cutting flesh and passing between the pieces):

b. It is extremely interesting to me that the word used here "to destroy" is the same word used "to covenant with". There is no question in my mind that this is a covenant keeping element of the LORDS covenant on the LORDS side.

c. Chemarims (Unger's Bible Dictionary) (kem-a-rim) idolatrous priests, the priests appointed by the kings of Judah for the worship of the high places and the idolatrous worship of Jehovah.

d. This is [Chemarims] definitely a word I need to remember for future use in relation to ministers who are pro-choice/pro-abortion.

e. Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice (RCRC) Our Mission: "The Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice brings the moral power of religious communities to ensure reproductive choice through education and advocacy. The Coalition seeks to give clear voice to the reproductive issues of people of color, those living in poverty, and other underserved populations. RCRC was founded in 1973 to safe guard the newly won constitutional right to abortion. The Coalition founders were clergy and lay leaders from mainstream religions, many of whom had provided women with referrals to safe abortion services before the Supreme Court legalized abortion in Roe v. Wade. The founders believed that there would be at most a ten year struggle to secure to secure the right to choose. In fact the struggle is far from over. It has changed and intensified, and the stakes are growing."

1). The so called clergy in this group are nothing more than modern day Chemarims, upholding modern day child sacrifice/abortion on demand/a woman's right to choose.

Zephaniah 1:5

And them that worship the host of heaven upon the housetops; and them that worship and that swear by the LORD, and that swear by the LORD, and that swear by Malcham;

1. "and them that worship and that swear by the LORD, and that swear by the LORD, and that swear by Malcham;"

a. Malcham (Unger's Bible Dictionary) The national god of the Ammonites equated sometimes with Molech or Moloch. Malcham (R.S.V. "Milcom").

b. Malcham (4445 * Malcham or Milkowm) Strongs: the national god of the Ammonites:-Malcham, Milcom.

c. The fact that Malcham is a variant spelling or is the same god as Molech is supported by Easton's Bible Dictionary, American Tract Society Bible Dictionary, Holman Bible Dictionary, and Bible Dictionary from www.christiananswers.net.

d. These Jews worshipped the one true God and the false god Malcham or Molech, which involved child sacrifice. It is no different than modern day individuals, churches and denominations that profess Christ but at the same time defend abortion rights. It is clear from this passage what God feels about it.

e. Ezekiel 20:31 "For when ye offer your gifts, when ye make your sons to pass through the fire, ye pollute yourselves with all your idols, even unto this day: and shall I be inquired by you, O house of Israel? As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I will not be inquired of by you.

1). God does not hear the prayers of those who participate in child sacrifice.

f. Ezekiel 23:36-39 "The LORD said moreover unto me; Son of man, wilt thou judge Aholah and Aholibah? Yea, declare unto them their abominations; That they have committed adultery, and blood is in their hands, and with their idols have they committed adultery, and have also caused their sons, whom they bare unto me, to pass for them through the fire to devour them. Moreover this they have done unto me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the same day, and have profaned my Sabbaths. For when they had slain their children to their idols, then they came the same day into my sanctuary to profane it; and, lo, thus have they done in the midst of mine house."

1). Those who participate in child sacrifice and enter God's sanctuary defile it.

e. Isaiah 57:3-5 "But draw near hither, ye sons of the sorceress, the seed of the adulterer and the whore. Against whom do ye sport yourselves? Against whom do ye make a wide mouth, and draw out the tongue? Are ye not children of transgression, a seed of falsehood, Enflaming yourselves with idols under every green tree, slaying the children in the valleys under the clifts of the rocks?"

1). Those who participate in child sacrifice are the "seed of the adulterer and the whore". They are linked to the harlot church of Revelation 17. Those in the church who uphold abortion are members of the whore's church, not the true church.

2). The phrase "children of transgression" is almost identical to the phrase "children of disobedience" in Ephesians 2:2. These individuals live their lives "according to the prince of the power of the air," a demonic power who works in them.

3). From this study it is clear that a born again believer in Jesus in fellowship with him cannot be pro-choice/pro-abortion. It is impossible.

My name is Don Costello. Ever since I received Christ in November of 1976 I have had a passion to study and know God's word.My wife Melissa and I have 5 children.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I have a blog located at:
www.theophilus-loverofgodsword.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print