Everybody wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die
by boatrocker Gilmore

Many people have dreams of fame, fortune and wealth.
Some pursue these things regardless of poor spiritual health.

These earth bound souls prepare for their earthly retirements.
They desire to go to Heaven but they fail to meet Heaven's requirements.

Unless a seed falls to the ground and dies, it abides alone.
Death is essential for living and reaching a Heavenly throne.

Dying to selfish ambitions that glorify worldly accomplishments.
We must live to do God' s will and obey his commandments.

If air is used to fill a balloon to the ground it will descend.
But if helium is used instead, to the sky it will ascend.

Likewise, meditation only on things of this world leads to a spiritual fatality.
Filling our mind with the Word of God is necessary to have a heavenly mentality.

Everybody wants to live in paradise with Jesus and our Creator.
But most will perish in their sins, because they esteem things of this world greater.

Prayer: Forgive me Lord for desiring the things of this world more than you. Transform my mind to see the necessity of dying to my selfish and sinful ways, to inherit my deepest desire of eternal life with you.

Elder Kelvin Gilmore
www.facebook.com/elderkelvin.gilmore

Elder Kelvin Gilmore, a devout man of God, sold out for Jesus Christ. Gifted and chosen by God to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ through poetry and daily devotions.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print