Without Excuse
by Patricia Charlton

In this hedonistic society, the natural bend towards excuses never raises an eyebrow. Our children blame parents for their wayward actions and ignorant speech. Parents pass the buck of responsibility on to everyone with a plan to improve the welfare of home, office, and play. The ignorance of the divine plan of action eludes the foolish minded. Excuses never remove the problem caused by misapplication of God's principles. With our technological advances we are without excuse for our out of control homes and siblings. At our disposal, the Bible explains that what you sow you reap. The Ten Commandments are simply written that even a child understands God's "don't touch" rules. How plainly can God state the happiness of humanity? We are without excuse for our ignorance.

A time is coming when everyone must give an account of our actions before the Holy Judge of Heaven Jesus Christ. His piercing eyes of righteousness smashes all our feeble excuses for not understanding or applying a clearly marked pathway to successful living the Bible. If we remove all our excuses, the reason for our slothful faith is rooted in unbelief. Humanity scoffs at God and mocks the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. God said what He meant and He meant what He said. If your understand and apply that principle to your everyday life, your slothful behavior fades into the land of forgotten excuses. God hates excuses.

A word of warning, passing the buck on your responsibility to except Jesus Christ as your saviour costs you a very bad day. This is your future: "Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20: 11-15 NKJV) I warn you, God said what he meant and He meant what he said. No excuse is acceptable for not excepting Jesus Christ as your saviour.

If your name is written in the Book of Life, then heed to this warning: "If my people who are called by my name.." Most of us know this verse in II Chronicles by heart. Then why is North America on the road to hell? Could it be that we God's children mock Jesus Christ by our unwillingness to humble ourselves, pray, and seek His face. God promises to heal our land if we only apply this simple pathway to North America's success.

We don't need a new economic plan or a new leadership. North America needs to believe that God said what He meant and He meant what He said. We need to remove all our excuses before most of us have a very bad eternal day.

Copyright 2008 Patricia Charlton



Devotional writer for EzraWeb and a contributing columnist for Crossmap, Patricia shares her experiences with the power of God to make anyone more than a conqueror. Her passion is Jesus and her venue is writing. Contact Patricia: [email protected]
www.devotionsfortoday.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print