Fredas Foibles - Economics
by Freda Douglas

There is an economic disaster already here is these United States.

I was told by my physician several years ago to discontinue reading newspapers and listening to the television news because he was medicating me for clinical depression and those two venues would just make it worse.

That was several years ago, and even though I got over the clinical depression I have not gotten back in the habit of reading newspapers, but recently I started listening to the TV news.

And how depressing is that? Gas is expected to go above $5.00 a gallon, 6 smaller airlines have already gone out of business, 2 of the larger airlines have announced route decreases and massive lay-offs. And the unemployment report was the worst it has been since the mid 1980's.

What is a person in the working class to do? For the last 20 years in the average working family the husband and wife have both been working because this generation has been raised in a false affluent society and a lot of parents live 'to keep up with the Jones's'.

Wake up, America. Not only aren't your jobs secure, many companies outsource the work you used to do because they can get the work cheaper by foreigners. Let's face it. The bottom line? They strive to keep their stockholders happy.

The possible solution? Go to work for yourself.

Of course there are criteria you need to follow:

Make sure the company you choose has no breakage when it comes to the compensation. Even though some companies claim this as one of the benefits to join them it isn't necessarily so. For instance, the company I'm with now states in their comp plan that if I am eligible for a bonus but don't meet the stated qualifications the bonus doesn't go back to company coffers. Instead it goes to the person above me who has met the qualifications. That's true 50% commission 'with no breakage'. I speak from experience. The company I'm with now just opened in 2002 and I have been in this industry since the mid 1980s and most companies will say they have no breakage, but most do.

Make sure the company you choose has a health giving consumable product.

If you are still employed when you go into business for yourself part time make sure you go to the resource office at your place of employment and raise the number of your dependents on your W-4 statement and give yourself a raise. [This is a privilege that nobody can deny you]. Did you know the average employee pays about 35% of the paycheck to the government?

Learn all you can about the network marketing business either before you get involved or immediately thereafter. Every company has its own rules, but it is your business and it is good to teach yourself, not depend on other people to do it for you. [you don't have to pay out a lot of money for it either], just make sure the training is generic. By that I mean the author doesn't have an axe to grind and a particular company is not mentioned.
Therefore you can use your training wherever you go.

Above all, don't think you can join a business for $200 or $300, sit back, and the money will come rolling in. It doesn't work that way. Keep in mind my favorite quote "Today do what others won't do so you can do tomorrow what others can't do."

********************************************
Ultimate Success CDs are the Network Marketing's #1 Training Program.
www.ultimatesuccesscds.com/cmd.asp?af=788629

256-796-0651 CST 9-9, closed Sunday Q & A.

Buy Winds of Change, a new book by Freda Douglas at
www.booklocker.com/books/3303.html
********************************************



Freda Douglas is a published author. Her first book "Cherish the Past", still available on Amazon.com, was published in 2004. Her second book "Winds of Change" 
is now available at your local book store   by using this ISBN # 978-1-60145-367-9    

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print