God Writes
by Arlene Baker

I dreamed I saw God hunched over his heavenly desk, pen scribbling furiously. He writes, pauses, and then writes more. At times, his eyes fill with tears, other times he flashes pleased smiles.

At length, curiosity prompts me to move close. I peek over God's shoulder to see what he is writing. I am stunned to see my own name at the top of the page. God is writing the story of my life! As I read, I hear God mutter, "I know the plans I have for you, good plans, Daughter!" (Jeremiah 29:11)

I read a bit further and relive the many hurtful, disappointing times of my life. Suddenly I realize some words are blurred, as though tears have fallen there.

"Ah, Precious daughter", God sighs, "it pains me to see you experience these times, even though I know how much benefit they bring you and others. Because you are so precious to me, every tear is recorded. (Psalm 56.8) When you come home, a handsome reward of unimaginable joy and glory awaits you."

I read about the places I go, the people I meet. I see times I unknowingly touched lives with a simple smile here, a quick helping hand there. I see how every seemingly unrelated event weaves together into a wondrous whole.

As God and I come to the final chapter, He lays down His pen with a satisfied sigh. "Yes, Daughter, you've done the things I arranged for you to do in your time on earth. (Ephesians 2:10). Soon, very soon, I shall have the privilege of welcoming you home!"

The author wishes to enjoy every year God gives her on this earth.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print