God's Pantry
by Arlene Baker

He gathers the waters of the sea into jars;
He puts the deep into storehouses.
Psalm 33:7 (NIV)

Sound ridiculous? Not as ridiculous as worry. Worry tells us if we can't solve a problem, there is no way God can either. Worry brings God down to our own frail, human level, so we question His ability to overcome difficult circumstances.

Some years back, while facing an unwanted divorce and harassed by worry; God told me "I have been running the universe for millions of years. Don't you think I can handle one life?" At that moment I had to choose to trust Him completely even though the future looked hopeless. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5)

In the midst of a perplexing situation, close your eyes and envision God scooping up the Atlantic Ocean one jar at a time and placing each on His pantry shelves. How many jars would it take to contain one ocean? How big is God's storehouse? God is too big for us to figure out, so just relax in His arms as a newborn does her Daddy's and know God is bigger than any human need.



Father, today I choose to stop running after solutions to this problem that I let consume me. Instead, I choose to trust in You completely, leaning on Your unlimited wisdom and strength rather than my frail human abilities. In Jesus' Name. Amen

The author wishes to enjoy every year God gives her on this earth.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print