The Answer's the Same, Three Things
by Sherri Ward

Do you know the secret of living in prosperity? How about the secret of living in need? Would it surprise you to know the answer is the same for both?

LIVING IN PROSPERITY?

1. Be thankful! God always is good, and He gives good gifts to His children. God is Creator, He is also our Father, and provision and wealth belong to Him. We should have a thankful heart toward Him at all times.

2. Be generous! God loves a cheerful giver. If you have an abundance, be on the lookout for ways you can share and bless others.

3. Trust in God! Riches are uncertain, even deceitful here today and gone tomorrow. It isn't wisdom to put your faith and trust in earthly wealth. God owns the cattle on a thousand hills so if He has allowed you to be steward over a few head of cows, keep your faith in Him, not the cows!


LIVING IN NEED?

1. Be thankful! Some things you can always be sure of God loves you and He has redeemed you so that you will have a place with Him for all of eternity. How can we not be thankful at all times for that? We always have things to be thankful for if we will only look for them and consider that God is always with us.

2. Be generous! God sees the attitude of the heart, so if you have only a little but you still give cheerfully from that small amount to God then He counts it as a great deal. He returns blessing based on what you have, not on what you don't have, and what He sees in your heart about willingness to share.

3. Trust in God! Even when you are in need, trust Him that He will supply all that you need. He does own the cattle on a thousand hills He's richer than we can imagine. Don't be filled with anxiety, be filled with faith. Give Him your requests sometimes that is all He is waiting for. He has promised never to leave you nor forsake you, and He is more than able to meet your needs.

MORE READING [all scriptures NASB]:
Luke 21:2-4 And He saw a poor widow putting in two small copper coins. 3And He said, "Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all of them; 4for they all out of their surplus put into the offering; but she out of her poverty put in all that she had to live on."

Proverbs 11:28 He who trusts in his riches will fall,
But the righteous will flourish like the green leaf.

Proverbs 23:4-5 Do not weary yourself to gain wealth,
Cease from your consideration of it.
When you set your eyes on it, it is gone.
For wealth certainly makes itself wings
Like an eagle that flies toward the heavens.
Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Philippians 4:11-13 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Sherri Ward, wife, mother of three grown sons, grandmother to twin girls. Freelance author. 
copyright 2008, Sherri Ward
Website: www.butterflyfeetcards.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print