WHAT IS HEAVEN LIKE? a blog
by Richard L. Provencher

What is Heaven Like? a blog

June 30, 2008
My wife, Esther and I, are proud Christians. And we strive to be instruments of God's will in this world. We co-authored a number of stories, originally written for our four children and five grandchildren, now shared for anyone to read and enjoy on the Free Article section of Faith-Writers. It is a joy for us to have so many people read our writing.

We wish to step out on a new adventure in writing. Something unique, and we need your help. This project is for adults only and we wish you to use my e-mail address: [email protected]. Stories or memories from your dreams, references in the bible, items read, or information shared by loved ones would interest me. If you send them through the aforementioned e-mail address, I will place it on this blog. It is an issue, which I am sure will intrigue Christians and non-Christians.

Place the word "Heaven" on the subject line and place a condensed version of any shared item in the body of your message. I will not open any attachments. Use Arial print size and 12 font in Microsoft Word, if possible.

Every couple of days, I will add to this blog and identify the person who brought such and such a story to my attention. Your first name is sufficient, if you wish, and the city, state or province or country you are from. Read the blog and see how it comes along.

This idea came to me through the Holy Spirit and I agree people need to have a little taste of what awaits them. Seeking to live the life of a bona fide Christian in this time of challenge is a worthwhile goal. In all things we must give thanks, seriously and sincerely. No longer can "talky-talk" people override those who "walk the walk". Lets hear from you and see what happens.

NOTE: After a period of time we plan to write a story, based on the information received, and it may be called "HEAVEN a story."

* * *

July 1, 2008
The more I think about Heaven, the more I believe the Holy Spirit within us gives us clues. For instance--When I had my stroke in August 1999, I was comatose for approximately 45 minutes. I could not move a muscle, yet I could hear everything around me.

It was not an out-of-body experience, simply hearing and able to recognize voices, although I had no idea they were talking about me, or to me. It was as if I simply lay down in the middle of a crowd and closed my eyes, and felt so much at peace. I also had no pain, considering the horrible pain experienced a short while before, as if my head had exploded off my shoulders.

Most of us recognize how much the tongue can say nasty things which dig deep, being hurtful and destructive. In Heaven, we may use our minds more than our tongues, thereby avoiding gossip for fear of offending someone. And does it mean we will not experience any pain, with total peace while in the presence of the Lord? Some thoughts to consider. Send me some of yours to my e-mail address listed above.

* * *

Richard & Esther Provencher 2008

Richard enjoys writing poems; many of which have been published in Print and Online. He and his wife, Esther are also co-authors of stories and a print novel. They are "born again" Christians and very busy in their church, Abundant Life Victory International, in Bible Hill, Nova Scotia.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print