THE CHRISTIAN VOTE
by Dennis Van Scoy

Presently, some four months prior to the 08 general election, there is much debate speculating on which presidential candidate is more likely to capture the Christian evangelical vote. Some assert that Senator John McCain will best woo that voting block, despite his "maverick" and leftist conflicts with the conservative views of the Bush administration and traditionalists on Capital Hill. Yet others insist that democratic senator Barack Obama will garner evangelical supporters because of his anti-war agenda, "pie in the sky" economics, and stirring rhetoric.

The reality is, that sincere, genuine, Christian evangelicals, __ those who have surrendered their hearts to the control of Jesus Christ (see John 3:3-7), will be motivated by the (indwelling) Holy Spirit (see John 16:13), to cast their ballots only for the individual who's personal views and political thinking are most aligned with the sacred teachings and instructions contained within the complete text of the Holy Bible. They will be guided to see beyond the grandiose campaign promises and "hot air", to recognize each candidate's character, as fully illuminated by the light of God words.

Real Christians are identified by their actions, not by words alone (see 1 John 2:3-4). Proclaiming to be a Christian on the basis of church affiliation, is a little like claiming to be a surgeon because one previously had his tonsils removed. Barack Obama claims to be a Christian because of his long-time membership in the radical Trinity Church of Christ, where his former pastor of 20 years (Jeremiah Wright), cursed America from the pulpit, spouted racial innuendos and promoted left-wing political ideas and personalities in complete contradiction to the instructions of God found within the words of the Holy Bible. Senator Obama's (rather inconsequential) political history has shown continuous support for abortion, homosexual advancements and the surrender of the struggle for liberty in Iraq,__ none of which are in line with Christian concepts or biblical teachings.

God's wishes for human society, and instructions for His people (true Christians) are clear and obvious in the completed text of the Holy Bible. Biblical teachings are absolute, not open to conjecture or misinterpretation, and not relative to persons or situations. God tells humanity that all life is precious to Him, and that He forbids the taking of life through any selfish motivation (see Exodus 20:13). He instructs us to "choose life" (see Deuteronomy 30:19 NIV) for ourselves and our children, and utterly condemns the shedding of "innocent blood" (see 2 Kings 24:4, Psalms 106:38 and Proverbs 6:16). Since obviously there is no more innocent blood than that of a child in it's mother's womb, God utterly condemns the practice of abortion. Politicians who, in any way, support, aid, promote or legislate in favor of abortion are therefore opposing God's will and His biblical instructions for mankind.

Homosexual behavior is evil and not what God intended. No where else in the animal kingdom do we find males mated to other males, or females mated to females, it's not the way God set it up, such a thing is contrary to nature and, in fact perversion (see Romans 1:26-27 - NIV). God clearly indicates that He hates such unnatural conduct, calling it "abomination" (see Leviticus 20:13 KJV), to be discouraged in any godly nation (see Psalms 12:8). Sincere Christians are not going to cast votes for any politician who in any way encourages, aids or supports the sin of homosexual behavior (see 1 Corinthians 6:9-10). Since Barack Obama is a strong supporter of "gay rights" he will not get the vote of any genuine Christian evangelicals.

Senator Barack Obama, although raised as a Roman Catholic, is of Muslim descent, and anyone who is a real Obama observer can see that Christianity is little more than a "front" in his greater political faade. His covert allegiance is deeply rooted in Islam, and he is therefore motivated to work contrary to any United States victory in the war on terror. Real Christian voters aren't going to be bluffed by a lot of flowery rhetoric. They will compare Obama's past voting record with God's instructions in the Holy Bible and recognize the insincerity of his alleged commitment to the cause of Christ.

True, Barack Obama would indeed bring "change" to America, a change from the direction established by our nation's founding fathers and a increasing movement toward the idolatry of Islam, but evangelicals know the truth contained in God's word and that's where they'll be placing their votes.
------------------------------------------------

*Author's disclaimer:

The author of this article denies any
endorsement of, or agreement with, ads
placed in frame with this article.

------------------------------------------------

Dennis Van Scoy Sr, is a retired police officer turned Christian, freelance writer. He has been married for 27 years, has 5 adult children, 4 adut step-children, 23 grandchildren and ten great grandchildren.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print