Acts 8:14
by Don Costello

Acts 8:14

Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

1."Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God"

a. received [1209 * dechomai] [Zodhiates: To accept an offer deliberately and readily, generally to receive or accept, metaphorically, to receive the kingdom, to receive the word, the things of the Spirit.]

b These people were saved. A close look at what happened in Samaria will reveal they were saved.

1). Acts 8:5-8, 12 "Then Phillip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Phillip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
And there was great joy in that city.

But when they believed Phillip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women."

b. These people "believed" and "were baptized".

1). Jesus said in Mark 16:16, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved"


My name is Don Costello. Ever since I received Christ in November of 1976 I have had a passion to study and know God's word.My wife Melissa and I have 5 children.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I have a blog located at:
www.theophilus-loverofgodsword.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print