Acts 8:15
by Don Costello

Acts 8:15

Who when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

1."Who when they were come down, prayed for them. that they might receive the Holy Ghost."

a. might receive [2983 * lambano] [Zodhiates: In the NT, to actively take, and partially in the passive, to receive.

b. The only instance in Scripture where we have a passage about a prayer to receive the Holy Ghost is what Jesus said.

1). Luke 11:9-13 "And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
For everyone that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give for a fish give him a serpent?
Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"


My name is Don Costello. Ever since I received Christ in November of 1976 I have had a passion to study and know God's word.My wife Melissa and I have 5 children.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I have a blog located at:
www.theophilus-loverofgodsword.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print