My Life In General
by Rhonda Clark

"HELP ME. I CAN'T SWIM. HELP! HELP!" Came the blood-curdling, panic-stricken scream. The cry for help reverberated off the metal walls that surrounded the indoor swimming pool.

Before the last 'help' could be uttered, the lifeguard had flung the strap attached to his buoy over his shoulder and dived into the pool. He had been on alert, watching the child as she ventured farther and father away from the shallow end while she played. Several warnings had been sent her way, but they all went unheeded. Within seconds, he had wrapped his thick, muscular arm around the child. He then positioned the child's face so no water would fill the nose or mouth and lugged her to the edge of the pool, where she was pulled out of the threatening water by worried friends and concerned bystanders.

The same scene seems to be played out often in my Christian walk. Either through unintentional carelessness or outright defiance, I find myself drowning in everyday life. Overwhelming waves of defeat, stress and depression wash across my face; all I can do is stretch my arms upward into the air and cry for help. That's when my Savior dives into the murky deep and pulls me up above the oppressing weight of the waters. As I gasp for air and force the choking water from my lungs, I feel the hands of friends and family lifting me up and back on this side of the living. My Savior stands guard as these prayer warriors and loved ones help me nourish my soul and restore my broken relationship with Christ.

Before long, I'm again able to venture back out into the water of life. At first, I am cautious, constantly checking for reassurance that my Savior is standing guard. Soon, my confidence is bolstered and I realize that my Savior is always ready to rescue me from myself, my own arrogance, and my life in general.

(c) 2007, Rhonda Clark
Rhonda Clark is a stay at home mom of two and a freelance writer. She and her family makes their home in Bartlett, TN.  For more information about her writing visit: www.freewebs.com/rhondaclark or contact her through www.faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print