Worry Isn't Just A Thinking Thing
by Annagail Lynes



Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest - Matthew 11:28

I remember listening to Joel Osteen's sister, April Simmons, and her husband on a Christian talk show years ago. They knew that God wanted them to believe for a piece of property for their church that Johnson and Johnson owned.

She made a statement that stayed with me. She said that she doubted in her head, but she refused to speak it out.

It is when we speak out our doubts that we get into trouble.

Jesus says in Matthew 6:31, "So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'"

We worry when we say what we fear.

Jesus tells us to, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28)."

That word rest is the Greek transliterated word, anapauo. What does that word mean? It means to keep quiet, of calm and patient expectation.

I believe that we need to keep our mouths shut and not speak out those things that we fear.

Jesus charges us in Mark 11:23 that we can have what we say. If we don't want what we fear to come to pass, then we need to zip our lips.

Speak the Word of God only and the things in your life will begin to heal.



Annagail Lynes is a pharmacy technician, certified life coach and ordained minister.  She is helping people move forward after trauma by helping them discover their purpose. Follow her blog at 316counseling.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print