The Complete Exchange
by Annagail Lynes

But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. - Isaiah 53:4-5 (NKJV).

In this Scripture, it is clear that Isaiah is speaking of a future event, of Jesus' crucifixion. The only way he could know of this future event is if God told him.

This verse states that the chastisement for our peace was upon Him.

That word peace here is the transliterated Hebrew word Shalowm, which means completeness, soundness, welfare, peace. That includes safety, soundness (in body), welfare, health, prosperity, peace, quiet, tranquillity, contentment, friendship.

He took our punishment in His body on the cross, so that we can have completeness in our spirits, minds, bodies, finances and in our relationships.

He took our punishment and God's wrath for our sins on Himself. He took the effects of the curse on Himself. He did it so we can exchange our sins, our sicknesses, our pain, our sorrow, our mental distress, our bad relationships and financial problems for completeness, for peace.

How wonderful is He that He did this for us?




Annagail Lynes is a pharmacy technician, certified life coach and ordained minister.  She is helping people move forward after trauma by helping them discover their purpose. Follow her blog at 316counseling.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print