When You Forget Your Best Friend's Name
by Julie Arduini

We have a daughter who is counting the days until she is five. This child made a "best friend" at VBS this week. Yesterday the teacher (the child's daughter) reported that her child and mine were inseparable. They did everything together, right down to holding hands on their way to the activities. What a great thing to hear!

On the way to the car I asked my child, "What's your best friend's name?"

She shrugged.

"I forget."

Seems odd to forget a best friend's name, isn't it? But I'm guilty of the very same thing.

Jesus Christ is my best friend.

But I don't just forget His name, I often forget Him.

I run ahead starting my day and I never look back. I make decisions without talking to my best friend. I don't keep in touch. I don't read His letters or listen to His Words. An hour becomes a day. A day turns into a week. A week melts into a month. Then some crisis hits and I remember.

I have a best friend.

And I forgot His name.

Do you know your best friend's name?

When is the last time you two spent time together?

Julie Arduini, http://thesurrenderedscribe.blogspot.com/, is devoted to writing for Christ in ways that encourage and inspire.  A graduate of the Christian Writer's Guild, her writing resume is on her blog's sidebar.  Happily married to Tom, they have two children. 

     @2009 by Julie Arduini

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print