Happy The Saint Bernard
by Chris Surber

My wife and I enjoy taking a walk in the evening. Before you get the wrong impression filling your thoughts with images of a cheerful couple strolling arm in arm down warmly sunlit city streets consider that the cheerful couple is not alone. On our evening journey we are accompanied by a hyper two year old boy, a little baby, and a giant Saint Bernard named Happy. Not only is Happy a gargantuan beast who drags me behind her, she is also incredibly lazy. Occasionally, when we have walked her beyond her limit, she will decide that she is not interested in walking any further.

At that point I become the one doing the pulling! As we walk along our own journey through the streets of this life, we all have pressures which are pulling on us and weights which work to drag us down. Only through the power of Christ dwelling within us are we filled with the strength needed for this life. Just as Jesus did not grow weary during his journey toward the Cross, he fills us with the strength we need to be a light in this world as we take our journey of faith through this life!

"Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted." (Hebrews 12:3 ESV)

Chris Surber is the Pastor of First Congregational Church of Peru, Illinois.  A graduate of Liberty Theological Seminary, he is known for his compassion for people and his passion in the pulpit.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print