Reflections of the Cross
by Chris Surber

When I was a kid growing up in Northern California, one of my favorite places to visit was Mirror Lake in Yosemite Valley. Mirror Lake gets its name from the fact that from the right perspective and during the right time of year, it proudly displays a spectacular reflection of Mt. Watkins. The mountain is flawlessly reflected in the lake! In the Gospel of Mathew, Jesus admonishes us to let the light of the love of God which is inside of us shine so that others will see it and give glory to God.

The light which is inside of us is the light of that love which God expressed at the Cross. As we draw near to the Cross this Lenten Season, let us consider the breadth of God's love and mercy which was demonstrated at the Cross in the person of Jesus Christ. God's love shouts to us from Cross, "Come all you who are heavy laden and I will give you rest!" God's love shouts through us to a world in need of mercy and grace as we allow our lives to reflect the love of God that was demonstrated at the Cross just as Mirror Lake reflects the mountain!

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16 ESV)

Chris Surber is the Pastor of First Congregational Church of Peru, Illinois.  A graduate of Liberty Theological Seminary, he is known for his compassion for people and his passion in the pulpit.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print