The Critical Path of the Christian
by Yvette Nietzen

Proverbs 4:26 Ponder the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established.

Recently my husband was working on an excel spreadsheet for a project that he is in charge of. When I asked him what he was working on, he replied, The Critical Path. You engineers out there will know what this is, but I didnt so he proceeded to tell me.

He explained that the project he is working on has many details, and the spreadsheet helped him plan the path needed to take care of those details.

The term, Critical Path got me thinking. We can apply this term to every area of our lives. I heard a motivational speaker once say, The book you dont read today will affect you tomorrow. We can apply that saying to any situation in our lives, just vary it to what our circumstance is.

We can plan our retirement, our eating habits, improving ourselves, and on and on. But what I mostly liked about this term is how I could apply it to my Christian walk.

The prayers I dont say today could affect me and others tomorrow.
The book (Bible) I dont read today could affect me and others tomorrow.
If I dont study the word today, it can affect me tomorrow.
The exercise I dont do today, (prayer, memorizing scripture) will affect me tomorrow.
Lets look at it this way:

The spiritual preparation I do today will yield fruit tomorrow.
The scripture I memorize today will bring life tomorrow.
The book I read today will bring hope tomorrow to those I pray for.
The time I spend with the Lord soaking, will bring revelation tomorrow.

I am taking a closer look at my critical path, and doing some serious thinking and planning on where I want to be in two, five and ten years. With Jesus, our path with Him is a blessing, . The best part is, if you ask Him to help you plan, He will answer.

Yvette Nietzen lives in the foothills of the Zurqui mountain in Costa Rica with her husband of 30 plus years.  View her blog at:
www.freshwind-ministries.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print