Be Free!
by Robert Totman

Ever feel like you just don't have God's attention, His might backing your business proceedings? I have certainly felt that way. What about striving with all of your heart for increased productivity and yet you see no improvement? Has that ever happened to you? Relax, I'm not trying to extract another financial offering out of you. I recall praying and crying out desperately for His hand to move on my behalf. I longed for Him to act and the desire for my circumstances to improve weighed heavily upon my soul.

Then I had a dream. In my dream, a teacher described his sufferings and his pain was like mine. This teacher admitted to being guilty of idolatry for putting his desires ahead of the Lord's desires. The teacher went on to say that after he adjusted his prayer list, earnestly giving his desires up to God, his life was flooded with the very things that he had removed from his list, even worldwide influence! Then the scene flashed to a blank slate and the dream was over.

Through conviction and God's grace, I adjusted my prayer list and gave Jesus that blank slate. I prayed from my heart, "You write the agenda God."

I've got to tell you that life has been so much more simple and free. He hasn't flooded my circumstances with those things that used to be on my prayer list but, you know what? I don't care because I've given them to Him to be the Lord over! Thus far, He's given me the grace to get along just fine without them.

Furthermore, I've found that by doing those things which I perceive He is putting on my list, I've been rendered productive by all standards. Go figure. This is practical!

Is your intention honestly to bring God glory? Yet, you are struggling daily with all your might, waiting on God, and agonizing through prayer fruitlessly? I hear your heart, even now, "Oh Lord, I do love You. I want Your will. Please help me in this. I don't know how much longer I can hold on." I tell you, God has heard your prayer too. Can you find an answer to your dilemma in this testimony? If so, you know what to do. Making my prayer list a blank slate gave me great relief and gave God room to speak.

It's safe to let go, to let that "thing" die. Don't linger at the gravesite either. We serve a God of resurrection power! Leave the burial ground, move straight ahead, and let Him give life according to His plans, purposes, timing and pleasure. You'll be glad you did. Your act of worship will encourage intimacy with God and you might just discover that you love Him more than you ever knew you could!

Psalm 16:7 (ESV), "I bless the LORD who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me."

From working air traffic control in NY on 9/11 to calling bread down from heaven to layin' it all down in pursuit of Christ, through God's grace Robert Totman facilitates evidence of the risen Savior - Jesus Christ.

Email the author, missionary & founder or learn more:  www.ChurchinND.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print