Acts 28:30, 31
by Don Costello

Acts 28:30, 31

And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came unto him,
Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

a. Amplified Bible: "After this Paul lived there for two entire years at his own expense, in his own rented lodging, and he welcomed all who came to him,
Preaching to them about the Lord Jesus Christ with boldness and quite openly, and without being molested or hindered."

1). Paul had rented a house and was completely unhindered from preaching the gospel. And this went on for two years. When they arrived at Rome all the other prisoners were given to the captain of the guard. Paul was permitted to live by himself with the soldier who guarded him.

a). Acts 28:16 "And when we came to Rome, the centurion delivered the prisoners to the captain of the guard: but Paul was suffered to dwell by himself with a soldier."

b. Scofield Reference Bible: "It has been much disputed whether Paul endured two Roman imprisonments, from A.D. 62 to 68, or one. The tradition from Clement to Eusebius favors two imprisonments with a year of liberty in between. [Some have] pointed out that leaving of Trophimus sick at Miletus, mentioned in 2 Timothy 4:20, could not have been a occurrence of Paul's last journey to Jerusalem, for then Trophimus was mpt left (Acts 20:4; 21:29), nor of the journey to Rome to appear before Ceasar, for then he did not touch at Miletus. To make this incident possible there must have been a release from the first imprisonment, and an interval of ministry and travel."

c. It is traditionally accepted that Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Philemon were all written while Paul was in prison in Rome. Philippians is the only letter where he writes that he is in jail.

1). Philippians 1:12, 13 "But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;
So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in other places."

2). Philippians 4:22 "All the saints salute you, chiefly they that are of Caesar's household."


My name is Don Costello. Ever since I received Christ in November of 1976 I have had a passion to study and know God's word.My wife Melissa and I have 5 children.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I have a blog located at:
www.theophilus-loverofgodsword.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print