Bricks and Bubbles
by Yvonne Blake

I'm not speaking to you anymore! What kind of friend are younot calling me on my birthday?
I'm going to build a wall. I don't even want to look at you.

Slap, Thunk

You probably were talking about me with your other friends.

Slap, Thunk

You can keep your stupid, ugly friends!

Slap, Thunk

Heywhat do think you're doing? That's a stupid looking wall.
Well, mine is going to be bigger and taller than yours.

Slap, Thunk

What are you using anyway? Your wall looks shimmery and shiny. Those are dumb looking bricks. Do you want one of mine? They are hard and strong and with sharp corners.

Whizzzzz Scrape

Did that feel good? Well, that's how I felt. Why don't you say anything, instead of kneeling among those silly things and crying? Don't you care that I'm mad at you?

Slap, Thunk

Heyyours is leaning. Get away from my wall. Go away! Leave me alone!

Whizzzzz Boing

Heymy brick bounced off your wall, didn't even make a dent. I'll show you; I'm going to build mine to the sky, so I never have to talk to you ever again!

Slap, Thunk, Slap, Thunk

How'd you get above me? Is SomeOne helping you? Heyyour wall is tipping over on me!

Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop

Your bubbly bricks are popping on mine. They're dissolving my wall! What kind of powerful solution is in those bubbles?

Hmmmmthis one has some words on it: I AM SORRY

Hmph! What's this one say? SMILE, I LOVE YOU

YOU ARE MY FRIEND

REMEMBER WHEN WE MADE LICORICE JELLYBEAN COOKIES?

I MISS YOU

WILL YOU COME OVER FOR A GAME OF SCRABBLE?

Sigh

There's not much left of my wall. Yours has bent right over it and bridged the gap.
I miss you, too. I'll be over soonon the new pathway between us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author, Yvonne Blake,
I am a retired school teacher hoping to break into the world of writing. I've written a novel and would also like to write missionary stories for children. 
Visit me at http://mybackdoorministry.blogspot.com
email - [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print