The Picture
by Pat Murray

I remember a picture that my grandmother had of a beautiful angel watching over two children as they crossed a broken bridge at night. Even as a child, this picture touched my heart. I was raised in the midst of domestic violence with very little Christian influence. I felt an "odd" calm when I would see this picture. It was so reassuring to see that something, someone, anybody!!, could be watching over me. However, I put this image in the back of my mind as I went through my teen years.

Later, as a young adult, I accepted Jesus and this picture popped up again. This time, I went to His Word and found the reason for the "odd" calm, "For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways" Psalm 91:11. Charge over Me!! He loves me enough to have the angels watch over me. I had never known such love.

I now have a tapestry of this picture hanging in my workplace. It is inscribed with the following scripture, "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:6

I am assured every day that He loved me enough to keep my steps. Even when I did not know Him, and did not want to know Him, He was lovingly placing protection over me. I pray that each day I will walk worthy of that guidance and continually praise Him for His unfailing, unfathomable, unquenchable, unending love!


This is a personal true story.

By Pat Murray
www.harvestladiesministry.com
Please include this link within body of article if copying to another website or reprinting

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print