What are you working for?
by boatrocker Gilmore

It is written, to work with your hands that you may give to those that are in need.
But the wicked choose to work for things and to feed their own greed.

Where does our money go after we receive our paychecks?
Is it used to fulfill the purpose of God or has it bonded us to the world causing us to spiritually wreck.

For where our treasure is, our heart is there also.
Either we will work for things eternal or we will perish with things below.

For our God is the great provider, we depend on him like a child depends on his natural Father.
But the wicked chose to depend on their own abilities, saying depending on God? Why bother?

How we spend our money tells us what we are really working for.
We belong to Christ now, we have surrendered all to him-we shouldn't have this inner war.

In meeting all of our needs God is Faithful and True.
In meeting the needs of others, shouldn't this be our attribute too?

Kelvin Gilmore
www.poeticpersuasion.com

Elder Kelvin Gilmore, a devout man of God, sold out for Jesus Christ. Gifted and chosen by God to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ through poetry and daily devotions.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print