Demon Dare
by Anne Linington

Demon Dare, report to me for your next assignment!"

"Yesth Sthir!".

We have a small widow of opportunity to finally smash this one known as Truth, before he begins this mission of love and forgiveness. I can't bear it!

So I am entrusting it to you Demon Dare, as my offspring, because I have taught you to lie from eternity and I know that you will not let me down.

Truth has just received recognition as Divine's Son, with all that nauseating Dove from the sky stuff. He's off into the desert for a period of preparation before he starts that awful preaching and letting the humans know that there really is a Heaven and Hell. Hell help us!

So we must not- you must not - fail at this critical time.

"Stho, how I am sthupposed to catcth Truth out, and make Him believe my liesth?"

He is going to be so hungry Demon Dare- forty days without food in the wilderness, and you are going to persuade him to turn stones into bread to satisfy his physical cravings.

"Sthould be a sthinch Sthir!"... but if that doesthn't work, what next?"

Take him to a high place and tell him that everything he sees I will give him for it belongs to me.

"Sthat's a bit risthky don't you sthink?" Will he buy sthat?"

We have to do everything in our power to stop him before it is too late. We didn't have any trouble getting those first humans to believe our lies about that tree.

"Eathsy-peathsy".

Just in case, plan number three- take him to the top of the temple, and tell him to jump off and that his beloved angels- how I hate them- will catch him and that he won't come to any harm.

"Wow, you've sthought of everysthing!. And how do you think he'll rethspond, thisth Truth?"

He'll probably quote some of that written truth He's been inspiring for so long, but you'll have to wait and see- Demon Dare it's down to you! Your time has come!.

.........
Well Demon Dare how did it go?

"Mithssion accomplithshed, Sthir!"

I live in the UK, and attend an evangelical Church of England, where I am training as a Reader, (lay preacher). I support the work of a Christian Healing Centre, and enjoy writing, particularly poetry.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print