Romans 8:19
by Don Costello

Romans 8:19

For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

1."For the earnest expectation of the creature"

a. earnest expectation [603 * apokaradokia; apo-from; kara-the head; dokeo-to look, to watch] [Zodhiates: Attentive or earnest expectation or looking for, as with the neck stretched out and the head thrust forward.]

b. creature [2937 * ktisis] [Zodhiates: creation].

c. The only other time in the N.T. where apokaradokia i.e., "earnest expectation" is used is in Philippians.

1). Philippians 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so not also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be life, or by death."

2). It is interesting that Paul used the same term to describe creations anticipation of waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God.

2. "waiteth for the manifestation of"

a. waiteth [553 * apekdechomai] [Zodhaites: To expect, to look for, used as a suitable expression for the Christians hoperealized in the redemption of the body.] [Don Costello: "The above is true, but in the context Paul is not talking about the Christians hope of the redemption of the body. Paul is referring to creations expecting, looking for" ]

b. manifestation [602 * apokalupsis] [Zodhiates: Revelation, uncovering, unveiling, disclosure. One of three words referring to the Second coming of Christ. [Don Costello: The second coming of Christ is actually a series of events, the first of which is the coming of Christ in the clouds to get his church, the "rapture".

3. "the sons of God."

a. sons [5207 * huios] [Zodhiates: Generally, male offspring. Christians.]

b. A son of God is a debtor to live after the Spirit.

1). Romans 8:9-14 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the spirit is life because of righteousness.
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Therefore, brethren we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."

c. 1 John 3:1 "Beloved, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not."
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."

1). Right now, we are the sons of God, but we are not in the state that we shall be. We do not have the glorified body we are going to get at the rapture. When the rapture occurs, the "sons of God" will be manifested.

2). All of creation is awaiting expectantly the rapture of the Church, the manifestation of the sons of God.


My name is Don Costello. Ever since I received Christ in November of 1976 I have had a passion to study and know God's word.My wife Melissa and I have 5 children.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I have a blog located at:
www.theophilus-loverofgodsword.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print