Not Our Power
by Pat Murray

We have a major responsibility when we accept Jesus and become willing to follow His paths. He promises to provide us with the power to walk those paths. However, He reminds us that it is not OUR power. Zechariah 4:6, "Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts." As believers, we represent Christ and are given the power to become His children but it is not OUR power. We are not out on our own.

We are the instrument of His power when we accomplish something good. Sometimes, though, as soon as we are acknowledged for a good work, a wrong spirit tempts us to "take the credit" for ourselves.

Jesus warned us in Luke,
"Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:20.

Imagine that we would deserve the credit for anything! All the praise and glory goes to an Almighty God that has redeemed us and given us the honor and power and privilege to serve Him. We are nothing more than bearers of the Good News. He has told us to Rejoice! We rejoice, not because of anything good we have done, but because, if we accept Him, our destiny is heaven.

I pray for God to open my eyes to recognize that the power is always His and Not Mine! Mine is the privilege to serve, for His glory!

By Pat Murray
www.harvestladiesministry.com
Please include this link within body of article if copying to another website or reprinting

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print