Go West Young Man
by David Huckabay Jr

As the hero rides off into the sunset, an old man is heard saying, Go west young man, go west. Go ahead and chase that sun as it slips beyond the western horizon. Why chase the sun? Civilization has chased it for thousands of years. From the Fertile Crescent, to Africa, Europe, then America, man kind has chased the setting sun on its western arc. Even in America, the white man followed the sun west, go west young man, yes, go west.

Perhaps, its the quest for youth, a chance to live longer, forever, to delay old age and seek immortality. For when the sun slips below the horizon, we know that this day is gone forever, and we are but one day closer to old age and the dreaded event we all must face, mortality. So go west young man, go west.

As the sun sets, often we watch it, beautiful colors, yet sadness reigns in, as the death of that day nears. We search the highest branches of the tallest trees for the reflection of sunlight, where day is still alive; yet, it fades away all too quickly. Chase the sun young man, maybe your day will not die, will not fade away, yes, go west.

Go ahead, chase that sun. But youll find you can not reach it, can not catch it. Your body grows old and tired; soon your days are all but gone. The fountain of youth failed to arise. In such a pursuit, heartache and sadness are all you shall find. Expectations are not met. Mortality rises all too soon. Do you really want to go west?

We can not change the course of the sun. Days will come to an end, and so would we. Essentially, our days on Earth are numbered. This is a truth that can not be altered. It will come. The fountain of youth will forever evade our grasp. Immortality becomes a dream of the past.

The only thing we can do is change our expectations. Embrace the Truth, and the Truth shall free you from any fear of a falling sun. Pursue a different Son, the Son of God. Yes, chase after Jesus, the Son of God, as he flies west. Beware; however, He may go East, North, or South as well. Wherever His will guides you, be ready. Yes, young man, follow the Son.

When we mortal beings pursue the Immortal Son of God, we find that this Son never sets, never goes down, never evades our pursuit, never leaves us; in fact, He pursues us, like the morning sun, rising in the east. He chases me and you from the ends of the Earth to the ends of the Earth. His light never dims behind a distant horizon, far out of reach. He is the rising Son that never sets, the Bright Morning Star.

Once we mortals come into relationship with the Immortal Son of God, our immortality is found and in Him only is it secured. The Fountain of Youth is not found beyond distant western horizon, but in relationship with God Himself, a place that times does not matter, eternity awaits those who pursue the Son of God, Christ Jesus.

Go west young man; just do so if that is the way the Son of God leads you. Only He can bring you to the Place where the Son never sets, days do not die, immortality found.

45 year old husband and father of two, works as a correctional officer and volunteers as a Royal Ranger Comander (Christian scouting program) and is a novice writer.  Has some published works in the past.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print