Prepare Your Storehouse
by Yvette Nietzen

Deuteronomy 28:8 "The LORD will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the LORD your God is giving you.(NKJ)

In my early days of my Christian walk, church taught us not to store up treasures on earth, but rather in Heaven where moth and rust do not destroy. See Matthew 6:19

We did what every believer does. Tithe, give, volunteer, work in the Sunday School class, pray, fast, and on and on. I felt for many years that there was piece missing to all of this tithing and giving. We struggled at times, but never failed to tithe and yes, there were those moments where the Lord did come through. Yet, I have always felt that we should be prospering, and not barely getting by.

I was recently told about a book called The Storehouse Principle by a pastor. The book is based on Duet 28:8. The pastor tells his entire congregation that every believer should have a storehouse, so that they can become prosperous. I immediately purchased the book and the piece to my missing puzzle was complete.

The word storehouse in Deutueronomy talks about our barn. A barn is where one saves, and has a reserve. It is not our tithe, but our own savings account. When the barn becomes full, we can then invest the money into a business, and become prosperous.

The word Storehouse in Malachi has a different meaning which is treasury. If you notice the wording, Malachi talks about the storehouse, and Deuteronomy talks about your storehouses, plural.

This is one of the few verses where the Lord commands the blessing on your storehouse. Once you begin to save for yourself and for your family, the Lord commands His blessing on it. We can then pay off that credit card, begin purchasing items on a cash only basis, and little by little we see that we are close to becoming debt free. Once we have our storehouse, we can ask the Lord for wisdom and guidance on how to invest the money.

This is not to say that tithing is not important, it is. I believe the two work hand in hand. The missing piece for me, and one that was not taught, at least to the churches that I attended was to put money away in a saving account, and to be responsible with our finances. The Lord will not bless our irresponsibility.

Begin a storehouse for you, your future and family. Ask the Lord to bring a business or investment along your path to increase it, and He will do it.

Blessings in Him.

Yvette Nietzen lives in the foothills of the Zurqui mountain in Costa Rica with her husband of 30 plus years.  View her blog at:
www.freshwind-ministries.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print